or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I'm going to assume that's a weak attempt at being funny.    Even if not, that's a terrible idea.   People don't suddenly decide when they're touring the Vatican or the Great Pyramids that they suddenly need a computer, phone or iPad and they have to have it right now, although Apple does actually have a store in the Louvre (I think it's in the underground entrance near a museum shop).     As for bringing in new architects to rethink that Apple Store concept, I think...
  Most large businesses work with Exchange and Exchange works pretty well with Apple hardware, so I don't know what the problem is.     I do have one problem and that is if one isn't using Exchange Server, in order for sync with the phone to work from a Mac, it has to sync with iCal and Address Book.   Before iCloud, you could sync Outlook with iCal and Address Book.   But once iCloud came along, you can no longer sync Outlook to iCal and Address Book if you're also using...
In spite of Johnson's former success at Apple, I think it would be a bad move for Apple to re-hire him. He's been pegged as a failure. If Apple scoops him up, I think it will make Apple's management look weak and it will have negative impact on the stock price. On the other hand, Jobs left Apple, wasn't exactly successful with NeXT (although he was with Pixar) and returned to Apple to be extraordinarily successful, so who knows?
  I think the case can be made that if the device is successful, then the name is NOT a problem, although one can also make the case that if a name is confusing enough so that the user isn't sure what they're getting, then that can defer a purchase decision.   However, I don't think that's the case with the iPhone.      Furthermore, let's assume the consultant is correct - that the "S" sends a weak message.    Let's say instead that the next iPhone is called the iPhone 6...
If Apple is to have any success in this market, it has to distinguish itself from all the other existing products in the market. So saying, "no Siri, no Cameras, no gimmicks" is completely missing the point. That's exactly the kind of functions the set has to have because the Apple TV is without question going to be more expensive than most competitive sets. The industry is moving towards 2nd screen applications. TV cameras on TVs are going to be used (privacy issues...
Ever since Apple announced the new building, that they were going to keep the current campus and the construction of all the server farms, I have speculated that Apple was going to enter completely new business areas and one primary area would be robotics. My prediction is that in 15-20 years, Apple's primary business will be robotics.
It's only our macho pride that thinks this apology is a bad thing.    I think Apple's arrogance has always caused them to think that their way of doing things can override local laws in any country.   Even though the Chinese media barrage was obviously triggered by the  Chinese Government (Apple probably pissed some official off), there was at least some merit to their claims.   Apple issuing a piece of paper has probably save them several $billion in sales.    There...
I call B.S. as well. Apple probably told Gascon this as an excuse not to add the requested functionality to the next few phones. "Oh...we can't do that, they're already designed." It sounds like something I might say to a client: "Oh..well the roadmap is already locked for this year. We'll consider that enhancement for next year." Also, I suspect Apple was loathe to even consider any change based on the request of one D.A. from one city. Apple doesn't make...
In my local Best Buy, the Apple "mini store" is nothing more than a table or two with some Apple signage.   The computers usually don't have web access, so there's not much you can do on them.   In other words, it's back to the sorry state of demonstrating Apple that was one of the primary reasons that led Apple to start its own retail store operation in the first place.        When Apple opened up sales to the big chains like BB, WalMart and others, I understood why...
Since the lawsuit seems bogus, but Apple could lose in the Chinese courts anyway, they should simply threaten to stop manufacturing in China and that they'll move manufacturing to India or Vietnam instead. China is not going to want to lose those jobs, even if they are low paying and awful. Unless, they could pay this company off for relatively very small amounts of money.