or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Absolutely not - no Apple store (or any other kind of store, except perhaps for food/camping supplies) in the national parks. This is exactly what conservative Republicans want.   They want to turn the national parks over to the states who will have the freedom to lease the land to private developers, energy companies, etc. There are many other ways to educate the public about the national parks besides sticking an electronics store in there.    
Yes and I wish more politicians who support environmental action would use Apple as an example proving that companies can be environmentally responsible, but still earn huge profits.    Even if one doesn't believe in man-made global warming, everything we do to help the environment improves our health and would reduce cancer rates and respiratory diseases if not other diseases as well.    I'm sure Apple isn't perfect, especially when it comes to rare earth elements,...
I understand that point of view and there is certainly marketing value in having celebs wear/use your products, but I have to agree with those who feel that this just doesn't smell right.   It's saying that "if you're a super-rich member of the elite, we're going to hand these expensive devices out like candy even though you could actually afford to buy one, but if you're a regular Joe, get on line and pay the money".   I feel like it's catering to the 1%. And that photo...
He probably just needs a tax write-off unless he's incredibly naive.   I was asked to invest in an off-Broadway show and performed a lot of financial analysis.   Even though the costs are much lower off-Broadway, the chances of making any money are incredibly slim unless you have the very rare hit that plays for a very long time.   It's much harder to make money on a Broadway show in spite of absurdly high ticket prices because the production costs are so high.
We can all laugh at the stupidity of this, but with the general nastiness that permeates the web and the inclination to bring every issue, no matter how trivial, to the level of a thousand-year-old religious argument, it should be no surprise that this boils over into non-virtual life.   Everyone needs to calm down, get a life and if they have to argue at all, argue about things that matter.   I like my iPhone and Mac, but I couldn't care less whether anyone else uses...
I'm no Conservative, but I think it's ridiculous to blame Conservatives for the consolidation of the educational publishing business, however unfortunate that consolidation might have been.    Consolidation of both trade and educational publishing has been going on since the mid-1960s during both Democratic and Republican administrations.      The real reason why El-Hi educational publishing has consolidated over recent decades is because of reduced school budgets and...
Great to preserve the forest, which I assume they'd really be doing since they have the endorsement of the Conservation Fund, which I assume is legit, but does paper and packaging need virgin fibers at all? Can't the packaging be made totally from recycled paper and cloth? And if that means that Apple's products have to come in brown boxes instead of shiny white boxes, who cares?
On rare occasions, I do still use my old Rollei for shooting medium format film in black and white, but I'll readily admit that I've gotten so used to chimping that it actually scares me to shoot film even though I felt very secure shooting film and almost always got good results back in the day.   I'd love to shoot 4x5 or 8x10, but my father's partner sold all the equipment after my father died.  It's also really expensive to shoot sheet film these days and you have to...
Yes and if you had heard that he refused to sign something, I'm sure you'd write a post putting him down for that. 
 Well it depends upon your definition of good enough.  My father was a pro-photographer and his standard camera was a 4x5 Graflex press camera, but in the studio they used 8x10 cameras.   They also did a lot of work with Cirkut Panorama cameras which made negatives 6", 8" or 10" high and several feel wide and were contact printed.   Images from those things were amazing.   For weddings and events of that nature, they used medium format 6x6cm, which is what I learned...