or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I'm not going to get into a name-calling contest with you.   It's absurd that you can state that my points are ignorant as if that was a proven fact. Yes, workers are paid by hours, but the workers in these factories cannot choose how many hours they wish to work.     They can either work the hours their supervisors demand or they can quit (or be fired).    At the turn of the 20th century in the U.S., the famous sign that used to be posted in factories was, "If you don't...
The fact that it's Pegatron's factory is largely irrelevant. You can't escape responsibility by using subcontractors. WalMart tried to pull this same crap some years ago when they hired a contractor to clean its stores at night. I don't remember the specifics, but I believe the employees were paid below minimum wage and were also locked into the store at night. If Apple used a contractor who bought slaves, would you say it's not Apple's problem because it's the...
You didn't ruin my appetite because I don't eat in national fast food chains for a variety of reasons, including how poorly the workers are paid, although largely because the food is so awful.
When trying to post in the Forums, the site is crashing constantly for me.   When the browser re-launches, whatever I was doing does come back, but then crashes again.   Doesn't happen on other sites with forums.
But the hours this kid worked were illegal and in violation of Apple's agreement with the company as to the maximum number of hours an employee should work.   If the kid was exhausted, while that wouldn't cause pneumonia all by itself, if the kid got the flu or a bad cold, it would suppress his immune system, which could lead to pneumonia.   And if there were polluted conditions in the factory, like dust or other particulates, that would definitely exacerbate the...
While useful for things like the customer requesting help from a salesperson, I don't understand what information this is going to give you while browsing in an Apple Store that you wouldn't already know by looking at the displays.    Depending upon how Apple (or other retailers) choose to use it, this could be incredibly annoying.     Can you imagine walking down a supermarket aisle and having such a thing constantly annoying you with buying suggestions and coupons?  ...
Great argument - just call people names. I love my iPhones and hated the Crackberry, but the fact remains that it was far more efficient to type on the Crackberry than it is on the iPhone, since I could type with both hands on the Crackberry, but with only one hand on the iPhone, even in landscape mode.    I could see myself buying this device if it actually does work well.    One thing that concerns me is that it seems to cover up the start button.   That doesn't make...
As I've written before, Bromwich should be permitted to do exactly one thing:   he should automatically be sent a copy of any proposed contract between Apple and any eBooks publisher to see what the pricing and royalty model is.    That's it.   He doesn't need to reside at Apple and he doesn't need to interview anybody (unless he sees a clause in the contract that violates the Agreement).    And he doesn't need a staff.   There probably aren't that many contracts in which...
As I calculate it and based on me being grandfathered into the old unlimited plan, the subsidized phone still saves about $90 if I keep it a full two years.   My average monthly bill is about $81, including taxes and fees.    So subsidized= $199 for the phone +$35 account fee + $81*24 months = $2178 over two years.   Unsubsidized= $649 phone + $35 account fee + (($81-$15)*24) = $2268 over two years.   It could be slightly less if there are taxes or fees associated with...
While  I agree that they should have a developer app and client app with different pricing, the cost is a "rounding error" compared to what enterprise solutions like Oracle charge.