or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Not gonna' happen. They wouldn't be telling people that XServe is being discontinued and to "go use something else", have limited and almost useless Mac solutions to only come back to the server market. I think the discontinuation of XServe demonstrates the disadvantages of Apple's great success in the consumer marketplace. From a financial standpoint, I don't blame them: if you can sell 20 million phones or iPads, why do you care about selling tens of thousands of...
I seem to be having a Bluetooth bug even with the public version of Snow Leopard. Every once in a while, it doesn't recognize my Bluetooth mouse. Sometimes, it's properly because the mouse batteries have died, but even when reinstalling new batteries, the mouse still isn't recognized. Trying to run Bluetooth off in the toolbar takes several tries. Turning it back on still doesn't recognize the mouse. I have to reboot the get the mouse recognized again. I...
There are many things at Kodak that are highly valuable, but one of the main ones is their sensor development for digital cameras. Nikon and many other camera manufacturers either use Kodak's sensors directly for some cameras or use custom modified designs. However, I'm not sure that Apple is the right company to take over this kind of development as Apple no longer seems interested in the ultimate quality, but rather what's easiest to use.
Depends upon how you define long. Until SSD's can come close to matching HD prices, HD will be here. While Apple might do something stupid and eliminate HD storage from future MacBooks, other manufacturers won't take that course. You can now get a name brand 2TB internal HD at physical retail for $125. A PNY SSD 128GB drive at physical retail is $255. 15x the storage at half the price. HDs will be around for awhile - 5 years is my guess.
The market doesn't behave rationally. Traders who should know better think Jobs is personally designing all of the components in each computer. In their heads, the company can't succeed without Jobs. While I personally think that Jobs may be the greatest American CEO of all time, should he not return to Apple, some things may actually get better without him because there is a streak of stubbornness and arrogance that sometimes hurts Apple. As for the stock,...
To me, what's most remarkable about Apple's continued record-breaking success is that almost everything they sell is priced higher than the competition and that they accomplished this in what is still a terrible world-wide economy (in spite of a recovering stock market.) Imagine what Apple would be accomplishing had there been no recession. I do think that in the long term, Apple is planning to get involved in totally new businesses. Otherwise, why would they need...
Well, it all depends whether Jobs realistically thinks he's going to be able to be active in the future at either Disney or Apple. Being the largest shareholder of Disney, I can understand why he'd want to remain on the Board (if he resigned and they replaced him, he couldn't get back on the Board unless someone else stepped aside), but if he can't make Board meetings, he needs to resign. The upside of him only being at Apple two days a week recently is that it's...
While I agree that people will scream for more details, I think they're doing so only because it's Apple and because of the current perception that the websphere is entitled to know absolutely everything about every public figure's life. Any CEO is at risk of death anytime, especially the older ones. Rupert Murdoch is almost 80 and Sumner Redstone is 87. Either one of them could drop dead tomorrow. One could make the case that that's obvious, but ever since Jobs'...
You sound like you feel like you've been manipulated. Anyone with cancer can get it again. Anyone taking drugs or other treatment for cancer can have numerous side effects. For all we know, his body is rejecting the transplanted liver.Besides, Wall Street has known the risk and it's already been factored into the stock price.AAPL stock will probably drop tomorrow, but I think it will be a temporary, emotional drop. First of all, the drop will be tempered by...
Prior iPhones would not be obsolete. I still use a 3G iphone...it works perfectly. The new ones are a bit faster and have some features that I don't have, but I don't consider it be obsolete. Whether you have an old phone or a new one, you're paying the same monthly fee for the contract. I skipped the 3GS because my contract wasn't up yet and I skipped the 4 initially because of the perceived problems and later because I thought I might switch to Verizon, but now...