or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I would strongly disagree with you. I think there is tons of evidence that conservative Republicans, supported by the Fox Network, are pushing more and more towards a society in which only middle class and lower class wage-earners pay taxes. The FACT (in spite of the hype) is that tax rates on the rich are the lowest they've been in over 40 years. During the Nixon administration (2nd term), the highest marginal rate was about 70%. During the Reagan administration,...
I don't know how anyone can make any judgment on this case. The fact is that we have no idea whether this woman is competent or not and whether there was discrimination or not. Anything is possible. There have been extensive experiments done where two candidates of the same age, wearing the same clothes, with EXACTLY the same resume apply for the same job and the vast majority of the time, the black candidate is rejected and the white candidate goes to the next step. ...
That doesn't sound correct to me. The city has nothing to do with the pavement in the plaza, which is part of the GM building and is privately held. Furthermore, the city is not responsible for the sidewalks adjoining buildings - the building's owners are (unless the city itself is digging them up for infrastructure issues.)And if the sidewalk pavement needs to be dug up for any reason, that's far enough away from the cube that it shouldn't cause any problems, even if...
I'm surprised they need to close the store to renovate it. They can simply put up a temporary wall in front of the ground floor rear wall that adjoins the post office space and then work from within the post office space. As for opening stores in the "outer boroughs", I think it's difficult to find a location that's both "hip", highly trafficked and has enough style to meet Apple's requirements. Jobs once killed a Manhattan store location (I think on 23rd street)...
I wonder how many of those reviewers have spent ANY time with the software? This is why I don't trust web-based reviews at all. You constantly see tons of reviews for products or content that haven't even been released yet. This obviously has been released, but when a product has been rewritten and redefined from scratch, you've got to spend more than ten minutes with it to know what it really is. Could anyone write a fair review of a new version of Photoshop...
But if you increase the shutter speed, there wouldn't be enough of an exposure unless they were able to increase shutter sensitivity and/or reduce noise, so that you'd be shooting at a higher ISO. But reducing noise is tough on such a small sensor. And the lens is so small, you're probably shooting at the equivalent of at least f11, so you're already stopped down quite a bit and without a larger lens, there's no way to open the lens more. But you're right about...
1. Actually, aside from the case, Apple displays have often been criticized for inaccurate color and for being overpriced. 2. No he doesn't. The companies are completely the opposite: Apple sells a small number of different products and Sony has tens of thousands. Apple is highly profitable and has huge margins and Sony has tiny margins and has been losing money for years. 3. Apple sold Harmon-Kardon's speaker system the same way they sell replacement ink for the...
Maybe, but this was very well received when it was demoed at NAB and while they were probably TV editors rather than movie editors, looked to me like they were very happy, especially with the magnetic timeline functionality, which makes incredible sense.
There's no reason to lose an optical drive in machines that don't go anywhere. There's plenty of reasons to still include optical drives. And while I know I'm in the minority, I'm not even happy that (if the rumors are correct) they'll be removed from the MacBook Pro line - I still need that drive, although I don't necessarily need it outside of the house. But at least there's a strong reason to remove it from laptops: it will make them a bit lighter and potentially...
It's not that simple. Let's take New York City. There are 1.1 million students in the public school system. At $500 each, that's a $550 million investment. But it's really much more because some of those Pads would get stolen or broken (my guess would be 20% per year). You would then need a support team, probably at least one resource per school. And then you would need additional iPads each year for the new students (unless you're not going to let the kids...