or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I'm a leftist and hate Fox and the New York Post, but I don't think that Murdoch has harmed the Wall Street Journal and in fact has improved it in some ways. And the Times of London, which he also owns, also has pretty good coverage and a decent iPad app. I'm not sure who's providing all the editorial for this new iPad news app, but I think in fairness, we should reserve judgement until we see whether it's decently presented news or slanted crap. I have a feeling this is...
Then what's the difference between the Air and MBP? You seem to want an Air and that's fine, but I don't. I still want and need an optical drive and SSD capacities are not enough. For people who mostly surf the web and listen to online music, an Air type machine certainly does the trick (although one can make the case that so does the iPad). But for people who use computers for productive work that generates files and documents (Office, Photoshop, Illustrator,...
Assuming he didn't use the web browser.
That's b.s. No content holder is forced to distribute via the Apple Store. And I can take any audio I have (such as CDs) and upload them to iTunes and download them back to my iPhone. I don't see what's closed about this. In fact, 99% of my iPhone content came from CDs. The only thing that is closed is that you can't directly connect an iPod/iPhone to a different store.The fact is that (at least in terms of audio), there are only four major labels: Sony/BMG,...
The primary purpose of an SD card slot was not to add to machine storage but to provide an easy way to grab image files from a non-pro camera. (Most pro cameras use Compact Flash, although some have both CF and SD.)
I think the iPad is a great device, but I don't know how you type on the thing - it hurts my hands (and I don't have especially big hands.) It's fine for a short email or entering info into a form, but I would never use it as currently configured for any "real work" just like I don't use my iPhone to respond to long and detailed business email. I don't know what the answer is - it might be a larger holographic keyboard that projects out of the unit, but still...
Personally, I don't understand the psychology of "if a major app is not available on the app store, I won't buy it". If you need MS-Office or Photoshop, then you need it and there are some advantages of having that physical CD installation disc. Frankly, I see the app store as helping to market the less obvious and more niche-oriented software apps, especially those that don't get inventoried in physical stores anymore (including the Apple stores) because retail...
Actually, most class action lawsuits do get somewhere. The only problem is that only the lawyers make money. (Check out the class action lawsuits over stock prices. At best, you get back 7 cents a share. The lawyers get $300 million.) It's basically extortion. My bet is that Apple settles this. While I do think this guy is a jerk, I don't necessarily think Apple is totally in the right here. Mobile phones do get dropped a lot. Apple does sometimes...
Not gonna' happen. They wouldn't be telling people that XServe is being discontinued and to "go use something else", have limited and almost useless Mac solutions to only come back to the server market. I think the discontinuation of XServe demonstrates the disadvantages of Apple's great success in the consumer marketplace. From a financial standpoint, I don't blame them: if you can sell 20 million phones or iPads, why do you care about selling tens of thousands of...
I seem to be having a Bluetooth bug even with the public version of Snow Leopard. Every once in a while, it doesn't recognize my Bluetooth mouse. Sometimes, it's properly because the mouse batteries have died, but even when reinstalling new batteries, the mouse still isn't recognized. Trying to run Bluetooth off in the toolbar takes several tries. Turning it back on still doesn't recognize the mouse. I have to reboot the get the mouse recognized again. I...