or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

That sounds like a real pain. I assume it's going to be named "Copy of [Filename]". And you won't be able to name it the same name as the original file. And it's always a little tricky clicking in the name field to highlight it to change it anyway. If you click more than once, it opens the file. While being able to keep many versions of a file in a single file is SOMETIMES useful, there's other times where I know the changes I'm making are permanent and I don't want...
Actually, we didn't elect him, the Supreme Court did (for the first term). And for the 2nd term, he lost the popular vote. And I resent you calling George W Bush a tit. He was not a tit, he was a moron. Like the royal family, Bush was just a showpiece anyway. Dick Cheney was actually President.
80% of Americans live in urban environments. As of 2000, 27% had a bachelor's degree or higher and according to another survey I found online, as of 2010, 40.4% have an associates degree or higher, but that puts the U.S. in 6th place, behind the Russian Federation, Canada, Israel, Japan and New Zealand (but ahead of all of Europe). I completely disagree that the culture doesn't significantly change as you move around the country. Some years back, I was an executive...
WRONGThe lifecycle of a company or project are: Enthusiasm Disillusionment Panic & hysteria Search for the guilty Punishment of the innocent Praise & honors for the non-participants
Well it depends: Apple supposedly doesn't make all that much profit on iTunes - it's all about selling hardware. And if a lack of HD space means that people replace their Macs with bigger Macs and their iPods/iPhones with bigger devices, that's all good for Apple. Even if only 1/10th of the people who are running out of space buy one new device, that's far more profit for Apple than selling another 100 tracks per person.
Well...the heads of the four remaining large labels may be rich, but their companies aren't. The record industry is in free-fall. The peak year for the U.S. record industry was 1999, when it did $14.585 billion in sales (at list prices). In 2009 (2010 numbers aren't out yet, but they're probably worse), it did $7.778 billion (only 53% of its peak) and that doesn't even include inflation (which would place the industry at 40% of its 1999 peak). And what's killed the...
No, but they might refuse to buy a Mac if it ONLY has this new connection. Unless Apple throws a bunch of free adapter cables in the box with the Mac, which is doubtful, because they love ripping people off with their absurdly expensive (but nicely packaged) cables.
I don't see how a one-port computer has an advantage. The just-released 17" MacBook Pro has 3 USB ports, a Firewire port, this new Thunderbolt port, Ethernet and power (in addition to audio in/out and the card slot). If you are using more than one peripheral device at a time, I don't see any advantage (and in fact I see many disadvantages) of having to daisy chain the devices, rather than plugging them in at the computer. (Is the monitor port now going to be on the...
Yes, they wanted a whole $29 for Snow Leopard. I'm sure this would have broken your bank. A revised OS for the price of a large pizza and soda sounds like an incredible deal to me. I'm sure Lion will go for a bit more, but still an incredibly good value IMO. It seems to me that the UI functional improvements alone are worth far more than $29.
Same here. I don't know what this insistence is on providing less. If one doesn't want an optical drive because you think that gets you the thinnest and lightest possible machine, that machine already exists. It's called the Air. I, for one, do not want Apple to cripple the MBP line to turn them into Airs and I don't think they want to either - that's why they have two product lines. I definitely want an optical drive in my next MBP and while I think I like the idea...