or Connect

Posts by Mr Underhill

I love Apple and iTunes but i love FREE even better. Regardless of the messy interface or usability if the end user can download FREE tunes without fear of the internet police knocking on their door then it'll certainly appeal. Whilst QTrax isn't a household name, it won't be long before word gets around and much bigger brands with bigger ad revenue copy the model and step into the arena. This is one example where Leopard running XP will come in handy. Cheers Apple
Nice to see international sales accounting for almost half the revenue. With Europe in particular looking good for Apple the message is clearly getting through. Let's hope Apple push forward the iTunes Movie Rentals for the UK sooner rather than later. When Jobs say's it's coming later in the year, i hope he doesn't mean Xmas. I've always felt the content on the UK iTunes store is lagging too far behind what's available in the US. When you think of the close...
I'd also like to add that on Sunday i went into my local Comet via Curry's on Sunday and asked if they had any Apple TV's in stock. The reply: "Apple what?" Whilst i'm excited by the iTunes Movie Rental service when it eventually lands here in the UK, Apple have their work cutout getting the big retailers up-to-speed. I'm still amazed how many people outside the Apple box have not even heard of the Apple Store, despite the success of the iPod.
Well Zucker's got no option really as Apple ultimately created a platform out of a real need for change. iTunes in essence and appearance is a pro-consumer model others have to follow. So by attacking Apple he's effectively attacking the consumer. Apple have them all by the short-and-curlies right now. If Zucker honestly believed he could get rival companies, who have a vested interest in shifting content, to join forces against Apple then the man is naive. iTunes is a...
The Macbook Pro came with the last version of Tiger and arrived just as Apple announced the Leopard upgrade. So i ordered the upgrade and installed Leopard over Tiger with no third-party apps at this stage and it was still flaky. I updated to 10.5.1 but still not a nice experience which is something i'm used to with Apple. As i said in my previous post Mail just used to go offline, cursor used to freeze, when i finally installed some third-party Leopard friendly apps...
Actually my recent experience is the opposite. My brand new Macbook Pro 2.4GHz running Leopard has been very flaky. Screen freezes which 10.5.1 didn't fix, recently upgraded (or supposedly Leopard friendly) apps crashing, Mail going offline without explanation and the dreaded spinny beach ball from my G3/G4 years is back. I've now re-installed Tiger until Apple release the biggy, then hopefully we can start again. If i wasn't a veteran of 15 years of Apple and...
Yes i noticed that. Does anybody know if the US version works over here in the UK?
Whilst i love the new Air i'm baffled by Apple's UK currency conversion. Ok i know you guys in the US have sales tax and we also get stung with V.A.T but since when did $1799 convert to £1200 give or take a penny. Nope i'm not going for it. I've paid £3500 for G4's, G5's etc.. in the past but i've had enough. I wouldn't care i sold my two month old Macbook Pro on Ebay last week in anticipation but i'm not getting ripped off. If it was £1000 i'd feel this was...