or Connect

Posts by r00fus

TouchID seems amazing to me. Elegant, technically tight/secure, and seemingly uncopyable. Defintely something that highly leverages Apple's strengths (iOS sandboxed security model, App Store only binaries, secure element on chip... I am of the understanding that TouchID may simply not even be possible for other vendors, and may not even make sense for Apple on the Mac (walled garden app-store only devices aren't as appealing for the desktop due to all the legacy/external...
I bought one last year, essentially for $9 ($35 with 3 months of Netflix free). It remains unused in the packaging sitting pretty with my iPhone and iPod boxes - collecting dust. The execution is pretty neat, but it's frustrating how Chrome-whatever devices seem to lack basics - you think the AppleTV is barebones (compared to a media PC or console)? The Chromecast has no remote and can't initiate anything. Me, I prefer *not* "casting", but using the device to browse...
Do any screen protectors offer oleophoic coating?  Most folks who I know use screen protectors - they found their screens are oily and gross after time, and eventually removed the protectors. I hope my 6 doesn't exhibit any of these flaws in the next few months.  Damn thing is beautiful.
Props to TMO. I'm sure if it was VZ or ATT facing the FCC their response would have been a simple one-finger salute, while they continue to sacrifice customer quality and increase prices while claiming they're doing the exact opposite. I will never go back to either of those carriers if at all possible, I have spent tens of thou$ands on them over the past 15 years, and as long as TMO keeps to it's mojo, I aint going back to ATT/VZ.
Anyone used the Bluetooth Easy-switch keyboard? The "switch" key seems pretty cool (to avoid the bluetooth disconnect/reconnect dance) - thinking about getting one for my living room. [1] http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone?crid=1240
That concept, while beautiful looks horribly unwearable.  What happens when I rotate my wrist?  If the bracelet is loose, will my display keep shifting around my wrist?   Forget about it.  I'm happy with plastic (sport band), leather or the drool-worthy milanese bracelet. Apple Watch is a move upstream - they're not going to be things teens know they want until big celebs start wearing the more expensive ones everywhere.   Then they'll be on everyone's list to Santa.
Just you :)I think the chamfered edges still look nice... but the curved screen does put the pre-6 iPhones out of style a bit - that simply invokes desire.
 Shouldn't it be called the iPhone Classic?  "Mini" has typically been reserved for micronization advances that allow Apple to do what competitors felt they couldn't (iPod mini = smallest form factor for it's capacity at the time;  Mac mini = smallest mainstream form factor x86 PC at half the price of it's competitors). By calling the 3.5" form factor "mini" they're agreeing with the Androidistas in saying the original iPhone as "too small".
I love my Pebble. I look forward visiting an Apple store to inspect an Apple Watch prior to buying one. I seriously hope it's as water-resistant as my Pebble - if so, then I'll bid a fond farewell to my Kickstarter timepiece.
AT&T and Verizion reacted to T-Mobile's HD-Voice launch in 2013 saying they'd have it "shortly" - it finally showed up more than a year later. Verizon apparently has either just launched it, or it is still "almost" there: http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/26/verizon-volte-launch/ So if they're saying 2015 - who knows *when* it'll actually be available.