or Connect

Posts by r00fus

Data sync does not need to be via cable - we're likely talking about 8-16GB max on a watch form factor, and that can be synched via wifi or bluetooth. Not to mention, most data can be "streamed" - look at the Pebble.   In fact the pebble magsafe-like connector is quite workable if a bit 1st-generation. Inductive charging is likely not going to work with the form factor - how big does the inductive circuit need to be on the device?  Sounds too bulky to me.  Again, magsafe...
LG's watch looks nice - nicer than the Moto 360. The Samsung watch is ... *yurrrg* Is that a camera on the back face? WTF are they thinking?
 You say this as if it's a bad thing - I see the new market (courtesy of Rule 34): Hot Thermal Imaging Action :)
In other news, analysts agree Apple is doomed. /snark
I know several friends moving back from Android this year. Also quite a few (really a lot) of folks I know with a 4S who've been waiting for the upgrade. I think Apple knows that even 60M may not be enough to meet demand. Impressive.
 Hear, hear.  Brought a tear to my eye.  We have quite a few of those decal'ed MB's in our office, too - though most are retina MBPs.
 Less than 8,000 titles that are "whispersync" (aka including audio) for Kindle Unlimited. Audible itself has 40k (based on investor site) to 150k (from wikipedia) titles, which pretty much dwarfs the KU selection.  Of course, at Audible I pay $180/yr for 12 credits - some of which give an immense amount of value (Cryptonomicon was 47h for 1 credit, very nice). Though I'd like Whispersync, my audiobook usage is pretty limited to commutes so not useful for me, so I'll stick...
Anyone interested in this should look at a mountek. It's 1/10 the price @~$20, comes with a metal plate that can be slapped on (or in the case of my wife's iPhone, *inside* an existing case), and works with your CD slot - which almost every car has. http://www.mountek.com/press/2013/12/12/ngroove-snap-2-mountek-debuts-next-gen-hands-free-/ It's also easy to install (takes 10 seconds), can be reused as a table mount, and is highly portable (I throw it in my carryon for...
As a TMO subscriber, this is pure awesome. Why? Because in basement conference rooms of large hotels, museums, warehouses and the like - I have access to wifi, but my TMobile data signal is weak or nonexistent. Calls just don't work; messages (i.e. not iMessage) arrive much later and are not reliable. With wifi-calling, I will at least get my calls when I'm traveling to such areas.
I'm looking forward to their horizontal docks, esp. at my 2nd office (i.e., living room corner desk) where I don't have a monitor. I spend 50% of my time on the laptop display, even when I have 2 other monitors (i.e., @work) b/c it's retina and my company won't shell out for retina external displays. http://hengedocks.com/pages/horizontal-mac-dock