or Connect

Posts by r00fus

This is a very insightful statement.  When the rest of the industry is treating the mobile device as a loss-leader, I wonder what they're hoping to get by letting Apple dominate profits in this space?  Is everyone hoping for commodity 64-core 10Ghz processors that charge using body movement to save them someday in the future?
Buying opportunity. Seriously, this is a standard exercise in "creating a entry opportunity"
Sure, but IIRC, wifi calling behaves differently, so I've disabled it.  Sometimes it's great, but there were enough hiccups for me that I've turned it off on my iPhone.  Example of an issue:  I often dial into online conferences using a call pattern like (877) ###-####,xxxxxx  - where the comma is a "pause" in dialing code.  When I dialed in using wifi calling, the pause was ignored, and I had to scramble to a) find the code from my calendar entry and b) type it in again,...
My 6's camera (like many others) does not protrude b/c i put a case on the phone. It's almost flush.  
Agreed - was worried when I bought one but it's natural now and doesn't seem huge at all.  They key is not to buy a gargantuan case - the Apple leather case is pretty much perfect. 
Well, if Apple makes it easier for users to sign up for Spotify directly on iOS then that's the "finder's commission" that Apple gets.   More power to spottily to make it easier to sign up (and enter CC details, etc) on their website.     Many, many people simply prefer using the App Store and just pressing their finger on Touch ID. Maybe enough to justify the 30% cut. 
When Apple buys out the USGovt, that's what they'll rebrand it to. 
#suddenoutbreakofcommonsense Seriously people, maybe the quant wizkids at Wall St. have figured out that Apple isn't going away (i.e., constantly beleaguered). Or ... (color me conspiracy-minded) hedge funds are buying AAPL and will throw them under the bus again when they need to sell it.
Shipped != Sold. Also not androids are play-store enabled. Finally, profit share >> market share.
Google still has no answer to TouchID.   Face-unlock, proximity unlock, device-paired unlock are all technically insecure and full of weird exception cases compared to fingerprint-based ID.   Perhaps Samsung might get closer with their recent fingerprint company acquisition, but Google's ecosystem can't compete with Apple's HW integration here.   And Samsung's integration will likely run into issues - a coworker told me his new snazzy fingerprint reader on his Galaxy S5...