or Connect

Posts by r00fus

Dude, you do realize that he's had far fewer vacation days than GWBush? Plus, I know you'd think meeting SJ would be considered a vacation, but this is work for the Pres.
Shit, not education. I'm a fan of both Obama and Jobs, but they both have the wrong take on how to "fix" education in America. Neither of their answers will involve actually empowering the teachers... Jobs wants to go charter schools and Obama wants to extend Bush's NCLB. Both of these are not going to solve anything.
That would be awesome even if it were a pilot program. Too bad it would never fly with our multination-corporate-owned media who would rip it apart like crazy despite it being good for everyone.
with deep support for their current advert model.
Apple/iOS = Protoss Google/Android = Terran so who is Zerg?
Instafail, whether it's 7 or 9... both are beyond the avera ge person's short-term memory limit (ie, between 4-7 depending on person). Also going to cause purchase paralysis. This is why Apple only sells 1-3 versions of each of their products (ie, MacBook, MBP, iMac, MacPro, etc). People know what they're getting and have a limited choice (which promotes decision making). At least in...
Re: Learning... some people just need a different way to learn. Some are not hip to the "help" menu, manuals. Some are. Some do well with video (screencasts, etc). Others need someone to *tell* them, they are auditory/social learners. About the whiners... they exist in all populations. Apple needs to mollify them if they want to grow their high-margin business, just like every other consumer-oriented retailer that margins above the rest... it's called customer service.
It was Oppenheimer who kept saying that at a different meeting... and I agree with him. I tried a "high-end" netbook back in late '08 to as a hackintosh. Driver issues aside (I even beefed up the RAM and got a broadcom wifi miniPCI), I got OSX running fine on it as well as Ubuntu Netbook Remix. The netbook (Atom-based) was quite decent in performance for it's price, but the hardware just SUCKED. The input device kept registering false clicks, the keyboard was too...
So if they're aiming for a corporate "stack" all the way down to mobile/tablet devices (they have had TEN frickin years to do this already), then it seems perhaps they're finally deciding to take the gloves off and manhandle BlackBerry... Either that or, they cancel Apple's Exchange license/capability ... that'd be evil and anticompetitive but quite effective if they have a good WP7 model for the switcheroo.
I read at night ... in bed... sometimes with no light (wife turned off the light). I also like reading PDFs as they're meant to be read, with colors and all. I do like the Kindle's weight, though... much easier on the arms.