or Connect

Posts by r00fus

Does this affect Audible's file limit, that's killed my commute before - Audible failed to update @home, and I lose my place as I have to wait to get to work/wifi to get my book fix. Grr.
 Requires subscription if you want to bypass Ads.  Just like iTunes Radio.  iTunes Radio probably has more songs though - and costs less (and you get the locker service - Match as a freebie).
Still kinda miffed that there aren't more lightning iPad and dual-connector iPhone docks out there. Hoping that changes now with the 2nd generation of lightning devices.
Feedly is my reader, now that Google Reader has gone to the "G ate my lunch" wayside (seriously, Google lost and Facebook won - Google is now trying to be Facebook at all costs). One benefit from using Google's authentication mechanism is that you get free 2-factor auth, but I don't see Feedly depending on it much longer. IF you don't know what Google Reader was, you've probably never heard of Feedly
Ballmer is vindicated. Too bad they can't re-release the Zune brown "squirt" edition.
AppleTV App Store in some format is what I'm hoping for. A new frontier.
Larry%u2026 surely you jest. Ellison: "Who am I winning for? Am I winning for Oracle shareholders or is it simply a matter of personal vanity? I'll admit to it. Mea culpa. An awful lot of it is personal vanity." Yes, maybe Larry Page "did evil" in some abstract but tangible way. But Ellison, you're just a greedy SOB and you admit it. No wonder it's not exactly one of the "best places to work".
  It does highlight poor management and incentive structure though.  If you have folks who are incentivized appropriately, it will make a huge difference - especially considering that the iPhone is still the most popular single phone in the US.   So if VZ is giving their salespeople higher incentive to sell Android phones - they're going to suffer if they've signed a deal with Apple to sell X million phones that they can't actually meet.
Exactly the new "share" plans from both AT&T and Verizon are shit deals compared to what Sprint and (especially) T-Mobile offer.  I have 5 iPhones on my TMobile line, and aside from equipment loans (i.e., interest free payment plan) for some of the phones, my service costs $110+fees - each phone has it's own high-speed (LTE or 4G - some are older iPhones) data pool of 500MB, no data overage (just slip into 2G), and unlimited talk/text.   T-Mobile's iPhone5 deals (esp.  if...
  I've had great luck with both.  Of course, I only ever use them as backup targets.  Are you using encryption on your time machine target?