or Connect

Posts by r00fus

Conventional pricing, AT&T locked, contract required unless you want to pay iPhone-level prices for an Android 4.x based experience. The 3D is most certainly a gimmick, unless they actually have meaningful content that leverages it (maps? games?). I predict sales will be as flat as the HTC First, but Amazon will claim it's the highest selling phone on amazon.com (which there's no way of us tying to reality in any way as we won't get the numbers). Amazon never releases...
If it's done right, I'd love to see it happen. Many times I have to resort to switching apps - even with the three/four finger swipe it's easier to just have both apps on screen if it could be done. Maybe that's what the "resizable iPhone" reference was all about?
So I assume they're going to inspect Google, Microsoft and Amazon (and 100 other huge multinational corporations) as well? I'm absolutely certain they all use the double-dutch irish coffee sandwich, or whatever it's called these days, to avoid taxes.
So Sony is ready to disrupt it's own market (PS4) to pursue Apple's hobby? Good for consumers. I'm interested.
Nice! Way to sandbox stuff like Waze - i'm happy broadcasting my location for the benefits Waze offers, but right now I always kill the app after I arrive at destination since it apparently sits there silently and tracks my location even if I'm not using it. Now, it'll only track location while I'm using it, even if it's backgrounded. Me likey
Larger iPhone = Knockout punch from Apple. Add that attack to Android's weaknesses: lack of 64bit support, fragmented "business friendly" security model, and Google's generally ad-mongering ways, and I can see a whole ton of folks in my office with a new iPhone this fall, including me (been waiting for touchID for a year).
To be honest, I like that Pano and Video are both far right and left options - sort of makes them easier to naviate to using fitt's law logic.
Burst Photo management sounds interesting. - except that I like to view the photo on a larger screen to see which one is "best". So would this scenario work? Use iCloud Photo Library to share photos between iPhone and Mac, mark the appropriate burst photos as Favorite on Mac using retina/big screen, next sync pushes that burst into the PhotoStream. I'd still like to prevent my 300 burst residuals from showing up on my iCloud Library - that'd be a huge mess.
Simply Awesome. I have pretty impressive coverage almost everywhere I'm at (except in museums or other locations that might also have wifi), and now those locations can effectively keep good "signal". Combined with the HD Voice support (which AT&T and Verizon have still not offered for the past year, only now coming to areas where I don't live or work: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9248366/AT_T_to_activate_HD_Voice_over_4G_LTE_in_four_states_on_May_23 ). TMO...
 Easy fix:  Put your current iPhone in a Mophie or other battery-case that tricks the iPhone into thinking it's charging.  Bam - mobile always listening. Of course, the limitation for plug-in could be to prevent (either intentional or inadvertent) Glasshole syndrome - i.e., it's unlawful to tape someone without their express consent in many jurisdictions.