or Connect

Posts by r00fus

This is exactly what Net Neutrality is fighting against, this being the flip-side of the pay-to-play coin. At first it will be "sponsored data as an exception", eventually it will become the rule. Ultimately, you and I will end up paying more. What we should be working towards is what Sprint and Tmobile are going for: unlimited data - which most importantly means: no random overage charges. I haven't paid a data overage fee for the past 8 months on TMO (while we paid...
Too little, too late, AT&T. We ditched you last year once TMobile started supporting the iPhone. I always hated being on AT&T - they support corrupt politicians to further their business goals and they have crappy service and lately have been on a roll in policies to screw over their customers (Where is HD Voice, AT&T ?!?! thought you were going to roll that out this fall) TMobile doesn't have the best signal, but it works fine for me (LTE most places, 4G everywhere...
I really liked the iTunes 2009 Christmas mix I got for free - the Auld Lang Syne track (bluegrass version) in particular was amazing (it's my ringtone, too
Man, I like the idea of the 4K display, but that Sharp monitor is *not* apple quality design - it's a bit ugly. I see a bunch of TB displays around my cube at work, they look fantastic. Wish Apple would make their own 4K TB display with the right aesthetics.
I bought a Nexus5 the other day, hoping to see what all the hoopla was about. Here are my unvarnished opinions in comparison to my iPhone5. * 5" Screen is very nice and text is crisp - win over my iPhone5, but not as much as I'd thought. * Setup was ok, hiccuped a few times (had to reenter my wifi pwd twice, once for setup and once for update) - iPhone was flawless. * Can't add widgets to lock screen in KitKat 4.4 (yes, I've checked the security settings and enabled...
Gawd, finally. The existing iOS6 functionality on my pebble was just embarrassing compared to what it could do in Android (coworker upstaged me!) This'll be really nice. Overall, very happy with iOS7, notifications like this should've existed in iOS6, but glad we have them now. And no, I don't think Apple will ever make an iWatch (at least not like the Pebble).
It's an asinine cover. a) they're showing Obama, when they really should be referring to Obamacare or ACA (a half-rendered portion of that text would be good) b) it's a client crash - what they should really be showing is a web page 500 error.
I had no idea that was possible - how can I ring someones landline using FaceTime?
Just another goddamned hit-piece. iOS7 has been no problems for me, and lots of goodness. It could use refinements, but what can't?
Why is AT&T still in business?