or Connect

Posts by werdnanotroh

I read what you wrote. What you wrote does not apply to Australia. Because like I have said, our shires and towns have different names. I KNOW you never commented on Campaspe or Waranga. I wrote:START Gotta love how you ignored the rest of the post, which clearly illustrates Apple's incompetency in relation to mapping, in Regional Australia Areas. "As I previous stated: In particular, type in Rushworth, it'll take to you to the middle of Waranga Basin, yep, apparently...
Don't get caught up on semantics, mate. You are wrong though, and you are ignorant. I explained to you very clearly that Midura is the town, the 'Rural City of Mildura' is the shire. Based on your logic, typing in Mildura City should give you Shire, since that's what it's called. They are different names. Gotta love how you ignored the rest of the post, which clearly illustrates Apple's incompetency in relation to mapping, in Regional Australia Areas.  "As I previous...
We've heard it said many times before, why would this guy drive into the wilderness with one lot of mapping information? Why wouldn't he check more than one source? The same should hold true for Apple! Why didn't they check other mapping providers? But in all honesty, I don't think this was the reason the mapping information was incorrect, because there are so many other towns in the wrong place. Also, the dataset came from the Australian Government (if this information...
You really need to stop generalising America to the rest of the world. In Australia, we have shires and towns. In this instance, towns are called towns, shires are called shires. The town is called Mildura, the shire is called 'The Rural City of Mildura' - very different. Some shires have similar names, others don't.    Stop acting like you're an Australian expert, you look like a fool. You keep saying things that simply is not true for Australia. And you keep making...
Let's be honest, Mildura has a local population of 30,000, I'd be very surprised if Apple hasn't already received a dozens of complaints about the obvious location problem. I think the true thing to focus on, is why is it taking Apple so long to fix these very obvious problems?  I reported my towns lack of location marker - this was when iOS was released... And still it hasn't been fixed... Also, many regional towns around me, don't exist by looking at the map......
Perhaps Apple should fix their maps? Perhaps they had used iOS5 to get there many times without a problem, and didn't realise that iOS6 maps was wrong. I'm certainly not saying other mapping services are perfect, but I'm certainly saying Apple Maps are ridden with problems in Australia. Apple Maps is a paid mapping service. It is NOT good enough. 
No, you're missing the entire point. Apple has billions of dollars! We have pay a premium for Apple Products. So the maps should work. That's what billions of dollars does, gives you an opportunity to be the best. Use Google jragosta, there are many side-by-side comparisons and reviews of Apple Maps. All users say the same thing, they generally seem to work well in America, but are average in the rest of the world. Although regardless of any review, this guy got lost...
Regardless of what you think someone should do (ie. check the satellite) This is Australia, land of great open spaces. The lack of streets and buildings, is something that is commonplace in Australia. Let's assume this guy lives in the city, his Apple Maps might work reasonably well in the city. He'd have no reason to believe they wouldn't work just as well in the country.  Obviously now this guy will be checking various sources, as will I. It often takes something like...
You aren't an Australian, so you wouldn't know how bad the maps are here... They're pretty freakin bad!   I'm a fanboy, but I'm not going to lie... Apple maps are hopeless down under. Embarrassing for mindless idiots...? In Australia, we have 4+ hrs gaps between towns (even longer). If you don't know where you're going, you're going to rely on your maps. If they aren't accurate, that's the fault of the map provider, not the user.   It's not like he drove randomly into the...
\ FYI: Maps in iOS5 actually worked... For it to be making news, and in particular national news, is a big deal. I hope Apple actually try to fix the maps in Australia now.