or Connect

Posts by Zyniker

Not sure which option would be most appropriate for me in that poll... I had to replace one battery because it began refusing to take a charge (walked into store, manager immediately replaced...the second time). Other than that, I have three batteries for my MacBook and I have had no problems with the other two batteries. So, how often do I replace them? every four hours when I need more juice...
You strike me as the same person who would complain if it was 1080p...why? because then it would cost more...
Recommendation: expand the line of these devices with a few that don't have WAN/WAP capabilities. Sure, it has to be connected in this fashion to minimize end-user problems (read: people complaining because they can't remotely access the drive because they failed to setup port-forwarding or UPnP correctly); however, for those of us who already have multiple network hard drives and a router 'collection' (which I imagine a good number of Mac users are in this category), a...
Seeing as upgrades for the older Mac Pro are easily found (insofar as RAM is concerned) and those for the new Mac Pro are virtually non-existent (outside Apple's nifty little order page)...it seemed a good idea to start a thread where links can be added for any RAM upgrades that come out. I plan on purchasing a Mac Pro in the near future...I'm simply waiting for RAM to become available on the market so I can upgrade the RAM myself (saving considerably in the process). ...
Leopard seems to have a number of issues with SMB/CIFS file shares...I was having the same problem with a shared drive on my Windows 2003 machine. Solution? I switched my drive from its USB connection over to a FireWire connection... It seems there is no issue when connecting to a network share that is connected via FireWire, but USB freaks out and gives a -6602 error. I know this won't work in your situation (since the NAS has USB connections only), but I figure the...