or Connect

Posts by John.B

The screen on my iPhone 6 got scratched in the vise when I was trying to bend it.    /sarcasm
 It's the publishers' agency model.  Case in point:  Hatchette continues to use that same model with Amazon, where Hachette continues to be able to set their own pricing and Amazon takes a fixed percentage.
In other book publisher news, Hachette and Amazon settled their dispute by agreeing to use the same agency model that got Apple sued.
Quote: Because professionals are very conservative when it comes to upgrading applications or OS versions or hardware on otherwise productive machines. This always-the-latest-and-greatest-version subscription concept is great for Adobe and possibly some enthusiasts (see above), but pros don't want to waste days fixing problems when an update breaks an application they depend on to make money.  IIRC, what's new are specific lens distortion corrections for the iPhone 6 and 6...
Swift is more about releasing a great language to interface with the Cocoa APIs than a general language to be used with other libraries.   Similar to when C# was released, it was really only intended to be productive when implemented with .NET library functionality.   I doubt we'll see Swift for .NET (for example) anytime soon.
 Every picture gets pushed to every device?  SMH
Uh, yeah, no, Apple no longer pays any attention to their feedback site. Case in point:  Months after Mountain Lion was released, the main feedback page still referenced iCal, even though it had been renamed "Calendar" as of version 6.0 for OS X 10.8.  They have since updated the label, but the link continues to point to apple.com/feedback/ical.html   The highest version number that you can choose to report feedback is 4.0.4, which was the last Snow Leopard version.  And...
Verizon is currently $80 for 10GB and $100 for 15GB (we're on the 15GB plan).  So, how is this any different?
 I have this annoying issue where touch scrolling on my iPhone 6 will select text inadvertently, then won't let me unselect it.
 The 6 is 1334 by 750 pixels.  1080p is 1920 by 1080 pixels.