or Connect

Posts by John.B

Yes, but historically, why?  Early on in the computer age, what Brit would use it?  I wonder if the $ symbol didn't wind up in various scripting languages (and the "anchor" character in 1-2-3, Excel, etc.) **because** it was accessible on so many keyboards worldwide.  Similar tohte pipe "|" character and the caret "^" character.  How much are they in use today because they were available on the earliest computer keyboards (and typewriters before that)?
 Scroll up six posts, the USB ports on our Mac minis are all in the back of the unit.  SMH

I see why the British keyboard replaces the # (which used to be called a pound sign in the US, representing weight) with the £ symbol, but I've never understood why the British keyboard historically kept the $ dollar symbol.
 FWIW, the new Macbook doesn't need 100w of power.
 Plug in a USB A connector, it doesn't fit.Flip the plug over and try again, it still doesn't fit.Flip it back over and realize you had it right the first time. That's the real world scenario most people are discussing.  But thanks anyway for being pedantic...  SMH
Travel Time is still AWOL...
 Thanks for posting this, I was going to type the same thing.  :) Edit:  Also: Fn+Delete for "forward delete"...  For those who don't own one of the Apple chargers or haven't seen one, they come with six batteries, so enough for a wireless keyboard, a pointing device (wireless touchpad or mouse) and a pair of spares to keep charged up at the ready.
And I'm experimenting with not using Twitter.
I'll believe when I see it.