or Connect

Posts by John.B

With emphasis on "Spring Forward", hopefully they've worked out the iOS DST bugs for this go around. 
Brushing up on my Chinese now...
 If it helps, we feel like second rate citizens using Apple Maps in the US, too.
I tried for months to get the location data for my kids' schools corrected.  They finally fixed one and deleted the other in the process.  I'll be interested to see if this fixes that.     Edit:  Nope.  Not only that, they've deleted another school in the process.
 I really hate that Apple's POI data is still so woefully inadequate, two and a half years later.  That, and bike directions and transit directions are still AWOL.  GSV is fine if you know an address and want to (for example) see what a building looks like, but its all-but-unusable to navigate a virtual walk down the block.  The click-reposition-click-reposition UI looks like it was designed circa 1997.  I tried to use it to find visual cues for an upcoming bike event, and...
All the bugs in 8.1.3 and 10.10.2 and we get new emojis.
Too bad you (still!) can't merge an existing iTunes account with a @mac/@me/@icloud account.  Almost seems like that would be tailor-made for just such an occasion...
SMH that it took the threat of a class action lawsuit to make Apple capitulate on fixing such an obvious problem:  
 Yes, disappointing that a company that is, by any measure, a financial machine, has such buggy releases for OSX 10.10 and iOS 8. Hundreds of staff adds for a self-driving car (if AI is to be believed) but not enough staffing for a proper QA team? How is it even possible that the quality of their software isn't the second most important thing in the world, right behind the quality of their hardware?  SMH