or Connect

Posts by John.B

Google co-opted Java (which, as an erstwhile Java programmer, I would opine has far more than its fair share of faults) for Android.  Eric Schmidt was (a) very familiar with the language and APIs and (b) too afraid to roll out his own language and associated APIs for Android, afraid that nobody would develop for it.  Compare and contrast that to the work that is happening at Apple with Swift as a first-class programming language for OSX and iOS... As far as what Java and...
That's just crazy talk.  The next thing you know, they'll insist "unlimited" data really means unlimited.
Quote: I was thinking more along the lines of the Eastern European mafia types.  If you're an average Chinese citizen, do you want to put your money in a bank that's going to be such an obvious honey pot for financial theft?
If governments have access to backdoors, so will hackers.  Simple as that.
I didn't have to re-pair with either of my two Bluetooth speakers or in my Honda but I did forget to check whether the update turned Bluetooth on automatically, like past iOS updates have done.  Doh!
I wonder how former "Flash Evangelist" Lee Brimelow of Adobe feels about this latest development?  
Best.  Day.  Ever. 
 I literally can't remember the last time I hard-coded an item in a menu, though I do still see newer developers do that sort thing on occasion.
 The 4s is pretty laggy with iOS 8.x, to the point of being unusable.  And there is no going back at this point if you don't like it.
I don't need a bunch of new features in Logic nearly as much as I need bug fixes.