or Connect

Posts by John.B

Settings Privacy Location Services System Services Frequent Locations
About time. The Yelp POI location data has been nothing short of an embarrassment, and the decision to rely on it was disgraceful. If Apple wants to be in the map business (and it seems they do) then they need to belly up to the bar and do a full court press on their POI data. It's time to them take some accountability for this and get it fixed.
 Don't I wish! Although I've completely jettisoned Java, I do unfortunately have to run Flash on occasion.  The answer in this case is to run a Flash blocker so the content doesn't auto run.  Important because a lot of Flash content isn't sourced or controlled from the websites that tend to host it.
I've been out of accounting for many years now, but this is all addressed in the credit agreement between companies.   Generally, terms for a company with an adequate credit rating would be "Net 30" which means payment is due 30 days after invoicing.  The other thing that used to be popular was "2% 10, Net 30" terms which would provide a discount as incentive for early payment.  I worked for a company where we streamlined our payment processing to take advantage of 2%...
IIRC, in iOS 7, you have to turn on location tracking, it's off by default (i.e. "Opt In").   It certainly could be easier to find, though:  Settings, Privacy, Location Services, System Services, Frequent Locations.   What iOS gives you, that Android doesn't, is the ability to turn off features like this at a granular level on a per-app or per-feature basis.
 I might agree with you if this was about parents locking down their phones/tablets.  It's not.  This is about the failure of any of these platforms to provide an out-of-the-box working model for parental controls.  "We've fixed it since" doesn't forgive the sins of the past: http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/10/5887765/ftc-sues-amazon-for-letting-children-rack-up-in-app-purchase-bills
I really don't see how this survives a test of obviousness or prior art, but the EU is free to run their set of countries anyway they chose.   The real problem I have is that, at least in the US, a properly defended trademark never expires.  If enough layouts are trademarked, at some point shop owners could be subject to trademark trolls demanding ransoms for infringing on store layout trademarks or patents.
Sorry, Tim, no Haswell Mac mini, no sale.
 People love to be promised things that aren't theirs.  I'd bet your neighbors would to love to get in on a CL giveaway day with all the stuff in your house, but that wouldn't make it right.
 The authors have existing publishing deals with Hachette, not Amazon.