or Connect

Posts by John.B

I think iOS 8 took care of that already...
Someone (i.e. a real journalist not some softball questions from a money blog reporter) needs to tell Eric Schmidt that there is a huge difference between "we track everything about you and hope to keep that information secure" and "we don't need to track every detail of your entire life".
Gizmodo is saying that there is too much sloppy third party code in the world written to detect both Win95 and Win98 to be able to call it "Windows 9":   http://gizmodo.com/windows-10-may-have-gotten-its-name-because-of-lazy-cod-1641383218     Then again, it's Gizmodo, so you should probably check that any of your personal belongings haven't suddenly gone missing...
That fact that this doesn't work in Mobile Safari is all kinds of fail. 
Good news for those few who still have grandfathered Verizon unlimited data plans. And lousy news for those of us who have to share bandwidth with them.
 What would be nice would be to have all sites open in private mode by default, except for a user configured whitelist of domains.
Not very Apple-esque in implementation.
InfoWorld called it a year and a half ago:  Microsoft skips 'too good' Windows 9, jumps to Windows 10 | InfoWorld  
Naming the guy in this story was absolutely shameless.  Was the fraction of CPM really worth this guy's career?  For, what?, a couple of pennies?   I notice whoever wrote this hitpiece didn't have the cajones to put their own name to the story.  "AppleInsider Staff", indeed.   I'm done here.
Be still my beating heart.