or Connect

Posts by John.B

Quote: Woosh!  Right over your head!   
 Ah, but you wind up with the Liar's Conundrum:  Can you remember which lie you told to whom?  Which can be lost or compromised.
The problem with "security questions" is that someone who knows even a little bit about you probably knows your pet's name or birthdate or favorite sports team from your Facebook profile. Not to mention, you probably answered the same questions with the same answers for other accounts. It really doesn't matter how many bits of entropy your password has if someone can reset it by looking up your Mom's maiden name or Dad's middle name on Ancestry.com...
It's a start.
 It's the antithesis of the new Picture element.  Adb!ock Plus   
The Tizen UI for that Gear smartwatch is the most lagtacular thing I've seen since the early days of Android.
Why?  Because they can.    Another feature looking for a problem to solve, it's what happens when you substitute engineers in place of designers.
 While this may or may not be true, it doesn't excuse Apple from not having rate-limited iCloud login attempts: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2014/09/01/this-could-be-the-apple-icloud-flaw-that-led-to-celebrity-photos-being-leaked/
 I desire to not share my home automation details with the Googleplex, thankyouverymuch.
Just how big are the new large iPads going to be?