or Connect

Posts by John.B

T;FTFY. It's like a stop sign; just because it's there doesn't mean everyone will follow the rules.
If I wasn't clear, I wasn't saying that I think it's acceptable for Apple to not providing a roadmap w/r/t Thunderbolt.I was just pointing out that, historically, it's not the kind of thing they've been known to do.There are pros and cons to everything in life; when dealing with Apple the whole "secrecy" thing is just one of the cons...
Yeah, but it's hard to find if you don't know where to look. Click on the user's name on the left hand side of any post, from the dropdown menu select "View Public Profile", then on the next screen click on the User List dropdown and select "Add to Ignore List". Note that every time someone quotes them, you'll still see what they wrote. vBulletin hasn't found a solution to that yet.
FUD is where a corporation floats hints and innuendo of what's to come, usually when the competition gets a leg up on them and they want to prevent everyone from heading to the exits. Pretty much by definition, "hearing nothing" is the opposite of FUD. Which isn't to say that hearing nothing a good thing either. I agree that a roadmap would be nice, but it's just not how Apple does business.
I hate this almost as much as I hate the new faux leather look.
They should fix the battery life issue that iOS 4.3 caused (and 4.3.1 didn't fix).
Thievery is a pretty harsh term, but the process does amount to a good bit of "We steal your IP/patents and then try to survive the civil lawsuits, and if that fails then we'll try license it on the back end". Unfortunately for Motorola, etc. it's the handset manufacturers that would be on the hook for selling implemented products with IP that Google may have misappropriated. Is it any wonder they Moto is trying to develop their own ecosystem (and why HP bought Palm for...
I don't disagree with most of what you are saying. But what happened in this case is that Verizon and AT&T refused to play ball at all, at any price. The rurals asked the FCC to step in, because ensuring infrastructure gets built out throughout the country is part of the FCC's mission (at least they think so). Verizon and AT&T could've dictated their own terms; they took a calculated risk that the FCC wouldn't extend the voice ruling to include data, and they lost. Back...
Steve would've been a terrible fit. Can you imagine him overseeing the 'Plex ecosystem where "engineer-designed" UIs and a "good enough" mindset are the norm?
They said from the link it was because the guys doing the research had access to an Android phone. I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone app didn't have the same issues...