or Connect

Posts by John.B

No, that's the port that Intel and Apple came up with, so that's what a "Thunderbolt port" looks like.I'm sure Acer and Dell could come up with a larger port that would be compatible with the existing full-sized DisplayPort connectors. It would actually be up to Intel, not Apple.More likely that Sony or someone would try to develop a smaller connector (though if the 4-conductor FireWire cables were any gauge, Sony would probably try to remove the power connector in the...
The difference would be that nobody tried to trademark "Gas Station" when it first came into use.
All well and good, but where is my Sandy Bridge MBA with the Thunderbolt port? (taps fingers impatiently...)
Unlike patents, trademarks have to be aggressively defended. If you don't like it, blame the legal system. Apple can't *not* defend this if they want to follow through on the "App Store" trademark. As far as I'm concerned, the App Store trademark is no more ridiculous than Amazon's "One Click" patent.
Just to be clear... Trolling is a specific type of behavior on internet forums: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29If someone says you are being a troll, they are describing your behavior, not making a personal attack. FYI, you are responding to a post that was almost four months old.
[threadjack] There were no "one time" Hendrix shows. Until his untimely death in 1970, Jimi Hendrix toured almost non-stop. Anyone who wanted to see him back-in-the-day didn't have to try very hard to make that happen. [/threadjack]
JIT Supply Stability fail.
Subscription music = Fail. Subscription video = Win. It's just that simple, people...
There isn't an HDMI display device today that does full resolution over the HDMI port. Monitors that do 2560 x 1600 via DisplayPort or DVI ***all*** downres the HDMI input resolution to either 1920x1080 (1080p for 16:9) or 1920x1200 (WUXGA for 16:10). All of them. (And no, I'm not going to do your research for you, Mr. Sawyer. You can find your own links.)Worse yet, due to the vagaries in your beloved spec, people are constantly fussing with overscan/underscan issues...
I guess they wanted the publicity of long lines after the Verizon iPhone 4 launch. Yeah, like most people, I went home empty handed... \