or Connect

Posts by John.B

It means what it says it means.Companies that try to withhold standards-essential FRAND patents (in violation of prior licensing agreements and EU anti-trust law) wouldn't be licensed to use this. Yes, that would include your buddies at Motorola and Samsung. Based on Motorola's recent legal shenanigans, I think all FRAND patent agreements in the future will have similar language.What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Didn't HP slash and burn their R&D teams over the past handful of years?
Then don't buy one. Easy, peasy.
Ah, but that only matters if the "protesters" actually cared about the workers...
/thread
I'm just kiddin' with ya, sam! It's all good.
How dare they underpromise and overdeliver. The next thing you know, they'll start underclocking components to increase battery life...
Chopping off that $50 or $100 or more would likely mean sacrifices to iPad quality, at which point you can forget about selling 50+ million tablets.Case in point: There are already plenty of tablets at the pricepoints you are hoping for. How are they selling?Or another angle. MMI seems quite content to sell phones and tablets at a loss. They'll only survive because Google is buying them for strategic purposes, their business model is otherwise not sustainable. How...
Honest question. How much 2100 MHz LTE is there IRL -- outside the good ol' US of A -- that will be compatible with the AT&T iPad? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks Rogers in Canada, AT&T in Puerto Rico, NTT DOCOMO in Japan. Any others?
Beat me to it!