or Connect

Posts by allmypeople

I just wish you had something original or interesting to say. I love that you've resulted to calling me a bigot. LOL all over the place. Yes, standing up for women's rights, gay rights, freedom of expression against a fascist ideology makes me a bigot. Nice try! More reading about world issues, less reading about Apple might be a good prescription! If you did even a microscopic amount of reading any of the public intellectuals I've mentioned to judge for yourself, you...
 Well, at least I know you're just a religious picker-and-chooser like all other absurd religion followers. You insult your Muslim brothers and sisters (4:34) who die every day throughout the world for those passages in the Quran.  The fact that you can't even admit that shows how religion can poison someone's mind. Shameful. The Quran on Gays! Jews!  Leaving the religion (Apostasy)!   Women!   A very telling statement. Thanks for it. Your faith laws are barbaric,...
Maher is good because he's a liberal that doesn't toe the typical liberal line. I myself am a liberal and like HIM I stand for many liberal values. You have to balance the fact that he's a comedian so he mixes politics with jokes which gets him a lot of negative attention from conservatives and liberals (anti-religion, tongue-in-cheek sexist jokes, etc.) http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-rips-liberal-pussy-nation-thats-too-scared-to-insult-islam/  He's so right. 
 Swing and a miss. I never said they were all terrorists. I said coming to the discussion, about people slaughtered by Islamic terrorists, with that banal statement is useless. On AppleInsider I at least hoped there would be liberals with more interesting things to say. Here's my point: Do your own research. Maybe start with some facts like Googling what Muslims ACTUALLY believe "muslim beliefs poll survey" or something like that... they've recently done extensive ones....
 I often wonder WHY Sweden... It's the first country to really fall apart with this crap. Does its history of pacifism have anything to do with it?  I would hate to live there.  Even on U.S. news that Swedish politician Geert Wilders is called "far-right" (translation: Ignore him) when he's pro-gay rights, pro-women's rights, etc. It's madness. 
 Nice try to dismiss my point by deflecting. Assuming you enjoying reading, since a debate on Intelligence Squared scares you... Try reading some Hitchens, Dawkins, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett or Ayaan Hirsi Ali's incredible book.  Sorry, but when you enter into a conversation with a banal and useless comment like "Not all muslims are terrorists" when discussing solidarity after an Islamic terrorist attack... informed people will pat you on the head and tell you to move...
 You're clearly not a fundamentalist but what were you taught is the penalty for apostasy in school??  If Sharia conditions are met, do you reject: stoning women to death for committing adultery? the belief that Jews are in any way sub-human and if not, do you reject Quranic interpretations that claim they are? Do you reject the killing gays and those edicts in Sharia which claim it is? Do you reject interpretations in Islamic Law, for “Ma-Malkakat Aymanikum”, which...
 My family has friends in Sweden... the capitulation to religious extremists over the past 15 years is revolting. What have you seen?  Honestly, it saddens me that so many fellow liberals who believe in women's rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, etc. COMPLETELY abandon their liberal values when it comes to Islam. I guess people are too caught up watching sports or TMZ to learn about what's really going on in the world. Islam is an ideology. It's not a "race" and people...
 Low-information/banal comment.What do you consider "peaceful"? Are those who don't commit acts but who support the actions of violence, peaceful? Do you have any idea what's going on in many European countries (especially Sweden) when it comes to this ideology? Maajid Nawaz, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and many, many other muslims would desperately like people, ESPECIALLY liberals, to wake...
 Sadly, you're probably right... But how nice would that be! :(