or Connect

Posts by allmypeople

So the whole "iTunes/App Store" name is just a massive cover up for their rentier operation? They planned from the beginning to use the word "store" to fool the public into thinking they offer some types of goods... online goods... for people to... purchase... But they've fooled us all!!! Apple Rentier: You should start a conspiracy site.
Please, elaborate for me. I would love for someone to explain to me how the App Store isn't a store.
Ah! So say when I go to buy Angry Birds in the App Store, there actually isn't even a page there. There's nothing. It's actually just an empty page that states nothing. Actually- you don't even see the name Angry Birds because Apple doesn't host any of that. "They don't host any content." according to you
Agreed! After having had success in the entertainment/arts field in conjunction with new media, I entered into the consulting world a little over a year ago. I've worked with many successful retail stores, some who have margins that range anywhere from 40-55%.To someone who doesn't understand anything about business, this goes through their mind: "OMG! What a rip off!! That's disgusting how much they mark up!!!!"To someone who DOES understand how business works, this goes...
Wow. iTunes/App Store is NOT a credit card processor. IT'S A STORE. They are SELLING their PRODUCTS to their customers. Does anybody in this thread know anything about the retail business? Apple takes a cut- it's THEIR store. Apple is the one who pays the credit card processing fees to Visa/MC/Amex.
QUESTION TO THE PEOPLE SAYING IT'S "UNFAIR":How many of you work in, own or have ever owned, a business?.
I know there will be tons of bashing in this thread but I'm happy with Apple's response and believe in their sincerity to make things right. I think these incidents are the last thing Apple wants and they'll spend the millions (small sum) to make sure this shit doesn't happen.
Producer / Video Editor here- I WOULD LOVE a more powerful Air with more STORAGE!!! I know it's coming but it'll never be soon enough!!!
I think it's premature to write-off Windows phone and to say that iOS and Android are cemented success. MS and Nokia are huge companies that won't leave this market laying down. Who cares if Elop is a Trojan horse. Let's see how this all plays out!
Just because I laugh doesn't mean I think it's a terrible thing!As an APPL investor I actually want MS & Nokia to succeed as I feel they'll erode more Android market share than iOS. On top of that, I kind of think the Windows phones look cool in their own right whereas Android phones look like a cheap version of iOS. Best of luck to MS!