or Connect

Posts by malax

BS.  That's pretty much exactly what I said: "Someone save this comment. I expect that paz will forget he said this 2 years from now (unless against all odds he's actually right, of course)." Explain how you can read that and not infer "in which case he'll have the last laugh." Let's not forget the comment I was reacting to was "I can't imagine anyone wanting this" and that this will be Apple's Edsel.  So, yes, if the Apple Watch is the beginning of the end for Apple, I...
 Good thing I didn't say that.  So you aren't commiting to an opinion yourself? Actually let me clarify, since you mischaracterized what I did say. This is closer to what I actually said:1. That's almost certainly false.2. Let's look at this again when the result are in, and you'll almost certainly be proven to be wrong.3. If on the other hand, you are proven to be correct, then you'll have the last laugh. Or would you prefer that I say "no matter whether you turn out to...
Sorry if I offended your sensitivities again.  I think we might be conversationally incompatible. So what is your stand on this important "will it fail?" question that you want my commitment to?  Yes or no, will the iPhone be a failure in its first year (as some here are predicting)?  And if so, how would you measure failure.  You don't have to be a strict as as some who are predicting zero sales ("I can't imagine anyone wanting this after that remark.") which is the...
Tell us how you really feel, Ex iPhone Owner.  (And invest in a grammar/spell checker.)
I pay for 99% of what I buy via my credit card, earning maybe $400/year in "cash back."  I never saw the appeal of debit cards, but I also wasn't aware there was a way to get $100/month is rewards.  What's the secret?  (I assume it's not "keep $250,000 in your checking account earning 0.05% interest.")
I believe the article is comparing apples to oranges (no pun intended).  The "OMG it's taken 6 weeks to get to 50%" figure is from Apple's data (which could be based on any number of things) whereas the "less than a week" figure for iOS 7 is based on "a third party" study of Web traffic.  I expect the iOS 8 update is slower (for the "you need a zillion GB free to upgrade" issue), but it might not be; we simply don't have comparable data.  [Sorry for my "lack of committment."]
LOL.  I can't help it.  You're just amusing. Please enlighten us about how to demonstrate a "committment" to the arguments we make on this august forum that affects the lives of so many millions of people.  Oh wait, this is a rumor site, so perhaps, just perhaps, saying "I'm almost certain you'll be proven wrong" is a legitimate comment.
Actually it wouldn't. A watch that never needs charging (like a normal watch, basically) is one thing. A watch that needs charging every two days is hardly any better than one that needs daily charging. If I have to take off my watch to charge overnight, I'd want to do it every night so it would become an engrained habit. Every other night is a recipe for wearing a dead hunk of metal a few days a month. As long as it can survive, say, 20 hours of heavy use--after being...
I didn't miss your point; I disagree with it. Hence my comment about it being silly. You're making an odd meta-semantic point about it being somehow illegitimate to say (in essence) "let's see if you're right when thing shake out in the future (I'm nearly certain you won't be)." Using your logic if you said "I guarantee the Giants will win tonight, probably by 10 runs." It would be out of bounds for me to reply "Let's talk tomorrow; if by some miracle the Giants win huge,...
But that is exactly what buffets and all-you-can-eat providers do.  Go to Red Lobster or Olive Garden and buy one of their "all the _____ you can eat" deals and then see if they'll bring you your next plate the second you finish the first.  Not going to happen.  They will take their sweet time in bringing you your next round--prioritizing orders from people who are waiting on their normal meals.  Exactly like AT&T is doing here.  I agree with chadbag--without a...