or Connect

Posts by malax

Let me parse what you're saying (the highlighted part, especially) and you please tell me if you agree. Data was compromised in the sense that there was a security gap that could have been exploited, but not necessarily in the sense that someone actually did exploit it.  This is no different from if we learned that due to a configuration error (now fixed) it would have been possible for a person to intercept your cell phone calls yesterday.  So if and only if someone was...
Obviously your memory is playing tricks on you.  Apple (and no sane company) never said that.
  And... it's fixed. You can breathe again.  Obviously 10.9.2 was more than "around the corner."  It was just about to go out when this bug was discovered.  So they had to back up a few steps and combine them (and test them).  Four days in the overall scheme of things is entirely reasonable. And I'd be willing to bet good money that no one wasted a second saying "should this trivial change to the retail site that we've been working on for a little while be rescheduled...
I hope the Apple execs didn't spend more than a few minutes on this issue. "Someone wants us to join a petition against this AZ law that has everyone up at arms? Yeah, ok. Now let's get back to the product roadmap."
LTE+WiFi sounds clever, but only makes sense if you have an unlimited data plan.  It'll stick with "slow" unboosted (but "free") WiFi when I'm at home thanks.
It sounds like Apple fell victim to the common error discussed in this article:   https://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/pubs/abstracts/ssl-client-bugs.html
I predict a selling price of -$20 (for the all ads all the time version).
Why does the article assert that the Tesla is the "world's leading maker of all-electric cars?" This article says that the Nissan Leaf outsells it: http://www.hybridcars.com/volt-top-selling-plug-in-leaf-shatters-own-records-tesla-takes-third-place/
Finally halfway decent reporting of sales/downloads. The old site was an embarrassment.
This patent was applied for 5 years ago, so I'm not holding my breath either.  But once a patent is granted there is no reason to keep it secret.  The whole point of patenting something is so that it's protected without having to be kept secret.