or Connect

Posts by malax

I think you're confusing Apple with Google.  Apple is the company who implemented biometrics with specific controls to keep everything encrypted on the device and completely at the option of, and under the control of, the user.
This will be an excellent way to guard against (or at least retroactively detect) mind control or possession. But the alerts should probably go to a loved one or the authorities instead of the compromised individual.
Probably not a coincidence that this was announced in the middle of Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference http://www.digitalwpc.com/Pages/Home.aspx   This will likely be the talk of that conference tomorrow.
Anyone know how many employees Apple has (to compare to MS's 130,000)?
What article did you read?  I see 4 paragraphs that lay out some facts about the size of MS's workforce and some reports that thousands of them are due to be let go--after pointing out that 30,000 were added recently as part of an acquision.  Where is the hyperbole and fact statements?
Exactly.  I expect that Pixar changed Jobs as much as he changed Pixar.  The Jobs-Apple story would not have been the same if there were no Jobs-Pixar story.
Most of the watches I own have sapphire crystal faces.  It's hardly a stretch to assume that, in addition to serving as touch ID covers, sapphire will be used on the (eventual) "iWatch" (which I hope is called something else).  I don't really care is my next iPhone or iPad has a sapphire or gorilla glass or transparently aluminum screen.  Scratching has never been a problem on my Apple devices.
That's not my understanding.  There are older devices that won't run iOS 8, but those that will will have all the features.  Now for iOS 9...
You'll get no argument from me about that.  My assumption is that Apple will roll out a new iPod touch (with bigger screen, better processor, etc.) and keep this current model around as the low-end/entry point for a while.
This removes any support for the argument that "because of this, there is no way that Apple is going to do 'another' iPod touch refresh in the near future."  This change is basically a marketing refresh and the elimination of an odd-ball low-end configuration.  It's easier for Apple to make 1 model of iPod touch with 3 different storage options.