or Connect

Posts by malax

I was going to refer to this article as a "zeroth-world problem" since it puts even most first-world problems to shame.  Yes, most articles here are addressing "first-world problems" and I don't have a problem with that.  But this one was just an order of magnitude beyond trivial. The other problem with this article is the completely distracting and confusing emphasis on the smart cover.  As I've been reading these comments, it's clear that the complaint is simply "I don't...
And you could set the passcode to "0000" as a work around.  But really everyone should be locking their devices before a "bad guy" gets his hands on it for 5 minutes.
 I agree with you on the first 3, but regarding the bold part: have you tried "pinching out" on the iPad keyboard.  Something like what you're asking for is already present.
Talk about a first-world problem!  Here's a suggestion: when at home don't cover the screen with the smart cover at all.  When you open the smart cover to interact with the iPad, aren't you likely to... touch it to actually do something?  So touch the little round thing at the bottom or side first.  OMG, 2 extra seconds.   Frankly anyone who doesn't use a passcode on the devices is just asking for trouble.  A clever bad guy with access to your email for a few minutes can...
Advertising per se isn't out of alignment with the customer and doesn't have to impact privacy.  Obviously TV and radio have been ad-supported since forever and that has no privacy implications (just costs the consumer time).  And I can imagine an ad-supported free-service that provided customized ads without compromising privacy.  But I don't believe that Google and Facebook are willing to make that commitment.
Douglas Adams was a big Apple fan (and maybe had some relationship with Apple in some way?), so that would be appropriate/cool.
Why do I suspect that the ultimate mailing address for the spaceship will not be 19111 Pruneridge Avenue?  Appleridge maybe...
I'm so sick of these exaggerated click-bait headlines.  It's not a "$161M" auditorium, the exhibit (and the text of the article) clearly show that this was overstated--for sensationalist effect--by $15.  That's more than the cost of an iTunes album.
Those questioning the Walmart inclusion probably don't "get" Walmart.  Walmart is so radically different from every store that came before that it revolutionized retail.  Walmart's use of data and its relationship with its partners "changed everything."  As I understand it (told to me by an economics professor who I assume knew what he was talking about), Walmart doesn't stock products like a traditional store.  The products on the shelves are literally not part of...