or Connect

Posts by malax

I assume the original poster was simply referring to the name choice. "San Francisco" is now being applied to a core font rather than a silly junk font from the original Mac. And, might I add, the new font is a nice improvement over the sans serif fonts can came before.
This morning I was thinking about my pet peeves with AI and at the top of the list was the obsession with using the word "bespoke."  I never see that word anywhere else, and it's slipped in at every opportunity here.  And right one cue: "Apple also revealed that the bespoke system font on the Apple Watch."   Also, the description of Dynamic Type in this article is off.  It refers to the Apple's system for accommodating device-wide font size preference.  If the user...
Good point.  It is easy to forget the days when that market assumed that Apple's fortunes would rise and fall with Steve's health.  Hopefully we're completely past that now.
 If reminding people that over the past decade there have been at least 4 instances when everyone was bullish on AAPL right before massive (30-50%) drops in AAPL share price makes me a "really bad investor" then guilty as charged.  Or, since I wasn't actually making a doom-and-gloom prediction or giving advice, I could just be someone providing some historical context.  And if you read what I said, the price could be anywhere from $60 to $180, so even that statement...
I don't want to speak for him, but my point was exactly what you're confirming: it's very possible that AAPL will be lower than it is today (perhaps much lower) a year and a half from now.  I believe that Apple's market cap will hit $1T someday, but I just accept that there could be a massive correction during the next year or 2 that would push that date well into the future.  If the Asian and European economies go into recession, all bets are off for ever-growing Apple...
Right.  AAPL could literally be anywhere from $60 to $180 this time next year.  Look at the 10-year trends before assuming that its price is going to keep rising at its current rate.  A massive "correction" is a real possibility, triggered by almost any bad news.  If nothing else, people will want to lock in their gains.
Sure, but not in the next 13-and-a-half months.  That's just crazy talk.
$1T eventually, sure. But "next year"? You have to be outrageously bullish on AAPL to expect it to increase nearly 50% over the next 13.5 months. (Not that I'd complain.)
Personally, I would never go back to using a mouse after using the Magic Trackpad with my Macs for a few years. Except for gaming.
I hope Apple does offer that, but I'm doubtful.  They have a serious SKU aversion (Apple Phone exception notwithstanding).