or Connect

Posts by malax

Oh THAT.  Yeah, I have never used that.  You're right.  Thanks for the clarification.
And what makes a browser "venerable?"  The Safari of today is closer to today's Chrome and Firefox than it is to Safari of 5 years ago.  Now if you want to call iTunes "venerable" I can agree with you.  Although even then "long in the tooth" is more apt than a word that means "worthy of respect as a result of great age, wisdom, remarkable achievements, or similar qualities."
 What?  What was "useless" about it?  I use it every day and found it very straightforward.  I haven't used it yet--just read about it here, but I don't see how the scroll left-right thing is a big improvement.  But then I tend to have 6-8 tabs per window and 2 or 3 windows.  Maybe you keep dozens of tabs open?
It certainly makes sense to give users the option to require a passcode to power down.  Seems like a trivially easy addition to make (with it off by default). On the other hand, I have no doubt that thieves would get around this with a easy, low-tech solution (like tossing stolen phones in a RF-opaque container until the battery dies).
 Wow. If you think the demise of the desktop PC is something that should never happen and needs to be prevented, you're lost in the 1980s or something.  I expect that 5-10 years from now it's very possible that most household will have no desktop PCs and no laptops and they will be more productive and connected and happy than they are now.  Technology advances and yesterday's keynote convinced me (and many others here) that Apple really gets it.  They introduced dozens of...
Obviously Photo for Mac is a complete overhaul/replacement of iPhoto. 
Hardly.  It dropped less than 1% early today and hasn't really changed since then.  It's down a whopping .7%.  I mean I get your joke, but it's misleading.
This keynote is seriously amazing--for a developer conference.  There a large number of radically awesome technologies being introduced (including a surprising number of wishlist items that have been bandied about here).  There will be some great new apps coming to iOS in the very near future thanks to what's being debuted today.
 This reply obviously "won" this thread.  I will be surprised now if the exclusively hidden banners are anything other than the 2 banners already displayed plus some words to the left and right (such as "OS X Yosemite").
Neither makes any sense.  What was the author thinking? 1. swollen and distended; congested 2. (of style or language) pompous and high-flown; bombastic  1. not clear or transparent because of stirred-up sediment or the like; clouded; opaque; obscured: the turbid waters near the waterfall. 2. thick or dense, as smoke or clouds. 3. confused; muddled; disturbed.  Unless it's a pun poking fun at the pompous language of the sentence itself.