or Connect

Posts by malax

I agree, but ... people are waiting anyway.  Basically the current market for smart watches is currently non-existent, so I find it unlikely that Apple will demo a non-quite-ready watch on the 9th.  If the rumor of not being ready to ship them until next year is correct, Apple is at least likely to demo a feature-complete, ready-to-be-mass-produced prototype.  Right?  There is no way Apple is going to just going to waive their hands around and announced "we've just about...
uh, what?  I think smartphones already exist and aren't wearable.  And what does one do when it's not sunny outside?  Wearing glasses sucks in general.  If people complain about "having" to wear a watch, wearing glasses is even less appealing.
 "iPlaybill.  What Garage Band did for music creation, iPlaybill will do for theatrical productions.  Now anyone can write, direct, and act in a play while at home or on the go.  Imagine the possibilities.  We think this will be our most revolutionary product ever.  And today we're announcing a partnership that we are so excited about.  We have arrangements with all the major community theaters in the United States--and we're expanding this list as fast as we can--so that...
 Looks more like 9:30 to me.  I'm calling BS on the whole sundial theory.
What's the over-under on how much AAPL would drop on 9/9/14 is the iWatch isn't unveiled? Just for fun (at the cost of billions of dollars of market cap temporarily) they should do a fake presentation announcing a new iPhone without a bigger screen ("in new colors!"), a modestly upgrade Apple TV ("now even thinner!"), new ear buds and iPad covers ("with a clicky keyboard!"), and ... one more thing ... a re-rollout of the iPod nano that can be used as a watch.  "Thanks so...
They couldn't just rent one of Google's mysterious barges?Or perhaps the new iPhone is too big to squeeze into the Flint Center.
Actually, I'd argue that we do not know that at all.  All we know is that people like to read @#$% into every random stylistic choice Apple makes.  And as we see (satirically for the most part) in this thread, one can read anything into anything.
I think he was saying that the rumors were that the announcement OF the Sept 9th event would be made on Sept. 2nd.  Very meta.
Ah, the Flint Center for the Performing Arts in Cupertino instead of San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center. (Nods knowingly and calls his broker.)
Synching using a cable? Who still does that? I wouldn't be that surprised if the only option for synching an iWatch is wirelessly.