or Connect

Posts by malax

I don't have a WiFi network that I can use for this at work.  This would avoid the "problem" of having to dock my iPhone to listen to music.  Presumably.
In reaction to my statement: "It's been estimated that 7.42% of the success of the iPad has been directly linked to the eye-catching use of "skeuomorphic" elements in some of the core pre-installed apps..."   You can link back to my original post.  The estimation, or perhaps more accurately 'guestimation' was done by yours truly as I was typing it.  So the statement is completely truly.  The estimate may be off however.   But seriously my point was that I am certain that...
  It's been estimated that 7.42% of the success of the iPad has been directly linked to the eye-catching use of "skeuomorphic" elements in some of the core pre-installed apps, so dial down the hate, man.   Also, 98.53% of the use of the word "skeuomorphic" in the past 2.5 years worldwide has been on tech-blogs and fan sites, with the majority of instances on site categorized as "anti-Apple" or "pro-Androind."  Use of the term has been trending down over this time period,...
  While looking for an example of the old logo, I found this doozy of a page:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008  They have a product called Microsoft Money Plus Sunset?   With helpful information like this:   Money Plus Sunset is available in two versions: Money Plus Deluxe Sunset – designed to replace Essentials, Deluxe and Premium Money Plus Home & Business Sunset – designed to replace Home & Business
Is correct capitalization an element of design?  I would think so.
  What?  Are you making a subtle joke?  The article says the font is calle Segoe.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segoe
In the history of the world, no one has every spend a billion dollars designing a logo.  This probably cost a couple million bucks.  The bigger cost is making the conversion on all printed material and Web sites etc., but it still won't approach a BILLION dollars.
In case, like me, you've already forgotten what the old logo was, here it is:  
Where I work we unveiled an "exciting new logo" a few years ago that was similarly uninspired and unveiled with the same "excitement."  I bet they spent countless hours discussin the precise shade of grey for the wording and the relative size of the 4 squares.  This is one of those times you can feel good about yourself knowing that you didn't make the career choice to focus on "visual identity."
They weren't bad ads, and more importantly they were Mac ads.  I'm glad Apple used a tiny fraction of their massive ad budget to pitch something other then iPads and iPhones.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see no Mac TV ads in the next 3 months (or longer), and that would be a shame.  I'd prefer they keep these ads in rotation over a Macless alternative (ok, except for that baby-on-the-way one; that was a dude).