or Connect

Posts by malax

Yes and no.  My kids learned my PIN and my wife's by watching us (not even over the shoulder), so that part is dead on.  On the other hand, I like the security of knowing that if I lose my phone it will get wiped automatically if some stranger types in 11 guesses.
Those lazy must have skipped the standard 1. Lock device 2. Slide to unlock 3. Tap emergency call 4. Hold sleep button until the power down prompt shows. 5. Type in 911 or your emergency number 6. click call 7. cancel it asap 8. Lock your device with the sleep button 9. turn it on using the home button. 10 Slide to unlock 11 hold the sleep button 12 wait 3 seconds 13 tap emergency call.   test case.
Are you saying that this is the case with Apple and Loewe?   Personally making a TV seems infinitely easier than making a smart phone and Apple didn't have to partner with anyone to crack that market.  If Apple did acquire a company like this, it would just be about acquiring the personnel.  But again, I don't know what's so special about making a TV that would require this.
  uh, what?   Apple's in trouble because the CEO speaks the truth or because the President name drops a successful company in the SOTU?  Please clarify.
That's right.  If you aren't paying money to the federal government that you earned overseas then you are clearly "receiving" welfare.  If the IRS or other agency believes that Apple isn't "paying their taxes" I'm sure they have a way to let Apple know.  Apple isn't being very good at keeping this "tax evasion" secret after all.
  Terrific contribution to this discussion.  I encourage everyone to read this short essay before posting on this topic.  It's very informative and somewhat surprising.
If shareholders want to force management to change AAPLs cash-management approach, they have two direct ways of doing so: through a vote to that effect or by replacing the BOD.  Going to court is a stupid, counter-productive way to go about it.  I hope the suit get tossed out quickly.   I'm a long-term AAPL shareholder (since the return of SJ) and I'm sure that a larger proportion of my net assets are tied up in AAPL than Einhorn's.  I'm not happy about the recent...
  Yep.  As soon as I turned 40 I went from being able to read the microprinting on US currency to not being able to read a newspaper comfortably without reading glasses.  It was almost that abrupt.  My eyes must have had a 40-year warranty.  iPhone EZ Reader edition?
It's an interesting question.  My guess is that for most people (In the US at least--what do I know about how people behave in Asia or whatnot), the phone app is NOT the most important aspect of the device.  Personally, I'm like the guy you quoted.  Most days I don't use my iPhone as a phone at all.  I'm in hours of meetings a day and exchange hundreds of emails, so I'm no hermit.  It's just that the mobile phone aspect is not all that important.  Obviously you're on the...
You raise the $64,000 question: were Apple to do this (and I doubt they will) would it be better to introduce a new logical screen size (between that of the iPhone and the iPad (all iPads have the same logical screen size) or just "make the pixels bigger" on the iPhone 5.  I would expect that most users would prefer the former (more usable pixels), but it would be a PITA for developers and it wouldn't help with the "too small to read without reading glasses" crowd (of...