or Connect

Posts by malax

You raise the $64,000 question: were Apple to do this (and I doubt they will) would it be better to introduce a new logical screen size (between that of the iPhone and the iPad (all iPads have the same logical screen size) or just "make the pixels bigger" on the iPhone 5.  I would expect that most users would prefer the former (more usable pixels), but it would be a PITA for developers and it wouldn't help with the "too small to read without reading glasses" crowd (of...
The only ad that could have made an immediate difference on share price would have been the unveiling of some awesome new product.   Samsung, on the other hand, still has a long way to go before their brand name evokes warm, fuzzy feelings with American consumers, so they invested a big chunk of change being cutesy with some actors who are relevant to twenty-somethings.  Apple doesn't need to invest in that type of advertising any more because pretty much everyone already...
There could be a way to cause (a little) mayhem by delivering this File:/// string to someone (perhaps using JavaScript or convincing someone to copy and paste text including this). What's the over-under on how long until Apple fixes this? 3 weeks?
Apple would never have submitted a patent application with a picture that bad if SJ were still running the show /s
Maybe iOS users are more likely to surf at home using an iPhone or iPad whereas Android people are more likely to hop on a laptop (which makes sense since the iPad is the dominant tablet).
Agreed.  I have half a dozens apps in the App Store and frankly I thought the screenshots were unchangable after approval already (most of the other elements were).  I'm glad they changed this.  One of the things Apple should be verifying is that the screenshots are a reasonable representation of the app.  Obviously they can't do that if the developer can change them at any time.
  Exactly.  And the Mac mini has never really been a player in the "lower-priced segment" of the PC market, but it was never priced that way.  And therefore it didn't completely undermine the higher margin models.  I don't see how the same could be done with phones.  Giving away iPhones at (just above) cost in the developing markets will just alienate consumers outside those markets.
No it pretty much implies that it'll go away on it's on and doesn't need to be fixed (until Jan 1-6 2013 happens again).  Does make you wonder how this particular bug was introduced.
Now that would have been subject to well justified outrage.  Using company resources (or distracting company resources) for personal glory/benefit.  So I'm glad he went Tony Stark instead. 
Apple stock price is down $10 on the news.  Or maybe it's because the world didn't end.