or Connect

Posts by malax

Exactly.  And the Mac mini has never really been a player in the "lower-priced segment" of the PC market, but it was never priced that way.  And therefore it didn't completely undermine the higher margin models.  I don't see how the same could be done with phones.  Giving away iPhones at (just above) cost in the developing markets will just alienate consumers outside those markets.
No it pretty much implies that it'll go away on it's on and doesn't need to be fixed (until Jan 1-6 2013 happens again).  Does make you wonder how this particular bug was introduced.
Now that would have been subject to well justified outrage.  Using company resources (or distracting company resources) for personal glory/benefit.  So I'm glad he went Tony Stark instead. 
Apple stock price is down $10 on the news.  Or maybe it's because the world didn't end.
Darn Apple and all these software patents. /s
I agree with the "not so fast" consensus here.  I picked up a mini so I could test my apps on it, but like others have mentioned I find myself using it MUCH more than my formerly indispensible third-gen iPad.  I appreciate the size and battery life and remark that if never gets remotely warm even running the most intense games for hours (unlike the larger iPad).  Double the resolution and those plusses go away (or are reduced).   My two complaints about the mini are:...
  Interesting.  What's your source for this tidbit?
How has everyone missed the obvious: Apple is about to release a FLYING CAR!  
  Take a look at the screenshot on the left in the story.  Those little blue bars show all the instances of the selected phrase throughout the book.  For example, you can see at a glance that first character show appears in the beginning and the end of the book, but hardly at all in the middle.  On the other hand, the third from the bottom is much more significant showing up throughout the book.  I don't know that the X-ray name is a good one, but it does way beyond a...
Would you mind giving us a few sentences of context about caps and tantalum caps for those of us who aren't electrical engineers and have no idea what you're talking about?  If it's something that will effect this computer 20 years from now I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.