or Connect

Posts by malax

WTF?  I don't know if I'm in the "1%" or "30%" who would appreciate a well-implemented multi-user iPad, but what does that have to do with styluses or split screens? You know what's a lot more complicated than multi-user iPads and almost no one was asking for?  Fonts size that can be adjusted across all applications.  And the funny thing is, Apple implemented that, and foisted considerable effort on developers to support it.  Apple does things when they believe it will...
Can I remind you of this nonsense when in a few years Apple rolls out a great solution for this? Cars are personal devices and yet cars with programmable seats let you program for multiple drivers.  "OMG!  How horrible!  Buy your own CAR!  Can't fit two cars in your GARAGE??  Get a bigger house!  Can afford new house, then @#$% OFF!"  Is that how your mind works?  Sure seems like it.
You most certainly would not need virtual machines for each profile.  I don't know why you're going to great lengths to show why Apple "can't" do profiles.  You're assuming that this means that user profiles with absolutely no compromises in UX when I think most of us want something much less dramatic.  It could be as simple as "guest mode" as Slurpy said.  Or it could be one main user controls/owns all the apps, but other users can hide ones they don't want to see.  And...
What's with all the hating on user profiles?  Obviously we don't want crappy, complicated user profiles, we want intuitive, seamless user profiles.  What's wrong with wanting that?  With more and more of what's "on" your iPad actually in the cloud it's increasingly reasonable to imagine handing my iPad to someone and having them log into their Apple account and have it work just like their iPad.  That's just plain cool.  Or as an intermediate step, accept that the apps on...
Personally, I will be surprised if Apple announces an "iPad Air 2" along side an "iPad mini 3" tomorrow.  As others have said, this sucks from a branding perspective, implying that the new Air is a generation behind the new mini.  I think this was a goof at multiple levels--out of date/not ready for prime time content mistakenly published.
 Ok, but the designers who incorporated the "chin" share that view, and they chose to include the chin.  I bet they had a reason (or 10).  For example, if it weren't there, you wouldn't "just see a retina screen" you would see more of the wires and the stand that are hidden by the chin today.  Obviously Apple could make the iMac thicker and get rid of the chin, but aethetically it would be a step in the wrong direction (at least in the opinion of the Apple designers).  Now...
I don't understand this "chin obsession."  What difference does it make?  Are you inconvenienced by the fact that the bottom of the screen can't be at desk level?  Are you distracted by the slab of neutral colored aluminum below the screen?  You must have some basis for this complaint, but I can't imagine what it is.
Sounds like a good reason why Apple would do exactly that.  Apple doesn't need 2 13" retina laptops and (shortly) won't be selling any non-retina display devices/computers.
There was a retailer in in the US that used a similar model.  It was called Service Merchandise.  I haven't seem them around since the 1990's, but they were in various parts of the country in the 1980's.  That's what this article/plan reminded me of. The advantage that Amazon has is that they are a very sophisticated data mining and logisitics company.  So I would expect them to do a great job at predicting what items to stock in what quantities and to react quickly to...
There is no more Beats as an entity that can be sued.  It's Apple being sued.  It would be absurd if a company (outside of a regulated monopoly or essential utility) couldn't refuse to do business with someone who takes them to court (or is even just a competitor). At least this is one situation where no one can assert (with a straight face) that "Apple never would have done this is SJ were still around."