or Connect

Posts by malax

I'm surprised that Apple stores don't have a solution for this already.  Either a physical pin entry terminal at the back of the store for use as needed, or via the Apple.com Web site using any of the MacBooks available.   Apropos of nothing, just yesterday I made a purchase from an Apple store with the assistance of a deaf employee.  We communicated via the MacBook Air that he carried around.  I think that's the first time I've engaged with a ear-impared salesperson at...
As I was watching that (and noting that it's resistive touch) I couldn't help thinking "Steve wouldn't have let them do this."  I just believe that Jobs would have taken this up the line to convince the big wigs that Ferrari that this was a bad choice, perhaps with some colorful language.
I'd expect AAPL to crater if Cook were to step down.  The only way Wall Street would respond favorable would be if Apple announced that some exciting known quantity CEO was being hired.  But to announce that Cook were leaving would set up a firestorm of theories about why Apple is failing.
Who the heck uses all these one-off IM solutions (and how do they convince their friends to bother)?
 Interesting point.  Why can't 2 brothers marry?  It's not like they are going to procreate and cause in-breeding birth defects...
Huh.  No wonder we have a Social Security/Medicare funding crisis since 25% of us are "old men."  Actually it's more than that since there have to be some old men who aren't frothing or waving. But do have fun demonizing anyone who disagrees with you if that's what you need to do to justify your own self worth.
 I sincerely doubt there is anyone here (participating in this conversation) who would take the position you are asserting in your second paragraph.  Remember, in the 60s and before there was government sactioned, government enforced discrimination against blacks and other minorities.  There were "whites only" drinking fountains in public (i.e., government) buildings.  That's disgraceful and RP and MLK are rightfully lauded for their brave efforts to address those...
 The most basic libertarian position would get the government out of the marriage business altogether.  And not require businesses to recognize marriages.  A marriage is just a  contract between 2 people to commingle assets for some duration and give each other certain mutual rights.  Don't really need the government to define that contract.  
Which state had the wedding photographer case?  I assumed it was AZ, but apparently not?
Please go look up the word democracy.  I don't think it means what you think it does.