or Connect

Posts by malax

Some of the logic of the article (and the comments) is right and some is just silly.   In theory if consumers around the world purchased X iPhones this quarter, then X * (cost of iPhone - overseas costs of producing iPhone) would be part of GDP this quarter.  I don't know where the $200 figure comes from for the overseas costs part, but let's assume that's right.  And let's assume a $600 cost.  So for every iPhone $400 is added to US GDP.   However, for every...
  The next iPad will be called "iPad" like the current one is.  The next iPod nano (if there is a next one) will probably be called "iPod nano."  It will be referred to on the support site as "iPod nano (2012)."  Like it or not, that's the Apple way.  At least is has been during the SJ era.  The iPhone naming has been the exception.  We'll find out in two days if that exception is retained ("iPhone 5"--or "iPhone 6" as someone has been insisting on for a year now) or...
  Looks a bit like Tea Leoni.  She can play her in the exciting TV movie about the Apple-Android legal drama.
When the story about these guys came out: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/04/recently_promoted_apple_execs_awarded_50m_in_stock_grants there were plenty of comments about there appearance ("Ted Danson hair" was one I recall), so it's not inherently sexist to comment that this IP attorney is a looker.  In fact, I would say that the comments on every story are disproportionately about the pictures in the story and not the actual news.  Oh well.
  Whuh?  First does that "aligned in a linear manner" add anything to the explanation?  When aren't contacts pins set up in a line?  Then we have that bit about the female receptacle having a tongue.  Um, gulp.  Is this just saying the new Apple connector is exactly what it looks like in the picture and not the "USB way" where the connectors are hidden inside a hollow metal flat rectangular frame?  Obviously his is one of those "pictures is worth a thousand words"...
"One source notes that Apple will reap a windfall by limiting competition in this manner, generating revenues of $100 million for every 10 million Dock Connector Adapters it sells for $10," author Jeremy Horwitz wrote. "According to the source, Apple estimates that it will sell the first 10 million Adapters by the end of 2012."     They needed to quote someone to multiple some number by $10 to calculate total revenue from selling a $10 item?  
  Not really.  But people do it all the time.
  Yep.  And except for the tunes bought in the very early days of iTunes, all his tracks are DRM free.  Copy them to a hard drive and they are safe from any "action" Apple might take to shut down his or their accounts.     This is a case where someone who REALLY worries what's legal or not will be inconvenienced, but the average guy won't notice.  "So sad that our dad died, he had some cool music.  Oh we can just copy the files and drag them into iTunes.  Is that legal?...
  Thank you so much for posting that misguided rant-from-the-past that you quoted.  (No sarcasm)  We should have a place were we can save doozies like that.  I'm sure there were similar rants about Jobs and Apple wasting time and energy on hard drive-based music players.
  What?  Your phone is somehow better than mine because you paid more for it?  I don't see where any "pretending" come into this.