or Connect

Posts by mbmcavoy

Most flash memory specs state 100,000 write cycles or more, which is plenty for most uses. Wear-leveling strategies will move around block of data periodically, so that rarely written files (i.e., OS or application binaries) and frequently-written files (swap files, business databases) even wear out the device and extent the usable life span.
Actually, a dispassionate review isn't extremely anything. It's "meh." \
To the person who suggested using a real alarm clock: When I'm traveling, I use my phone as my alarm. Hotel alarm clocks are always different and sometimes confusing to set. I've had times where I find out after I've overslept that the volume is all the way down or it is tuned between stations (probably bumped by housekeeping). Anyway, I'd never had a phone-alarm problem before. But today's the first day of this trip, and it went off early. It's bad enough that...
As of today I don't believe there is any way to accomplish this. Near term possibility: Once iOS 4.2 is released, XM radio should be able to update their iPhone app to support AirPlay, which will allow you to stream from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to your AppleTV. Whether or not this happens (and when) depends on how motivated XM is to add new features to their app. Long term possibility: I believe the AppleTV is on a track similar to the iPhone's. I am sure it will...
My understanding is that other apps will need to enable the function using the new APIs, but it's not a default. So, if BBC chooses to implement the AirPlay feature in an an updated iPlayer app, then you will.
I'm curious about this - watching to see if Boxee can be squeezed in, like they did for the old one. I have and Like Dish Network with their 622 DVR, but looking to cut costs. We will be dropping it soon for an antenna and internet sources. I'm evaluating the pros/cons and costs of several options. An antenna is cheap and I already have the Xbox. - Live TV only, Netflix (Requires XBox Live Gold), Zune Video. Hulu+ is supposed to be available on the Xbox early...
I don't want an "otherwise". I'm on extended business travel, and can't install Skype on my locked-down, webcam-less work laptop. I have an iPhone 4, but my wife is still under contract on her 3G. If only there was sone way to do a video call between my phone and our MacBook so I could see her and our baby... Unfortunately, I'll probably be done with the trip before sub things are released.
You didn't mention one, but if you have an Xbox 360, you can use an application called Connect 360 on your Mac. The xBox will think it's a Windows PC, and can stream non-DRM video and audio. The Xbox interface is pretty clunky for this, but it works OK. For Audio, I find the Airport Express to be almost perfect. I'm personally hoping the new AppleTV is more like it...
deleted...
The F1 app seems like it would be great to supplement the coverage watching live, but I almost never do. Has anyone used it while watching delayed coverage? The majority of the races are in the middle of the night in the US, so I DVR them. FOX coverage is broadcast delayed, so even watching "live" isn't. I frequently have conflicts (autocross! ) as well. I hate getting spoilers, so I'd want to be able to synchronize the app with the playback, without any risk of...