or Connect

Posts by mbmcavoy

My understanding is that other apps will need to enable the function using the new APIs, but it's not a default. So, if BBC chooses to implement the AirPlay feature in an an updated iPlayer app, then you will.
I'm curious about this - watching to see if Boxee can be squeezed in, like they did for the old one. I have and Like Dish Network with their 622 DVR, but looking to cut costs. We will be dropping it soon for an antenna and internet sources. I'm evaluating the pros/cons and costs of several options. An antenna is cheap and I already have the Xbox. - Live TV only, Netflix (Requires XBox Live Gold), Zune Video. Hulu+ is supposed to be available on the Xbox early...
I don't want an "otherwise". I'm on extended business travel, and can't install Skype on my locked-down, webcam-less work laptop. I have an iPhone 4, but my wife is still under contract on her 3G. If only there was sone way to do a video call between my phone and our MacBook so I could see her and our baby... Unfortunately, I'll probably be done with the trip before sub things are released.
You didn't mention one, but if you have an Xbox 360, you can use an application called Connect 360 on your Mac. The xBox will think it's a Windows PC, and can stream non-DRM video and audio. The Xbox interface is pretty clunky for this, but it works OK. For Audio, I find the Airport Express to be almost perfect. I'm personally hoping the new AppleTV is more like it...
deleted...
The F1 app seems like it would be great to supplement the coverage watching live, but I almost never do. Has anyone used it while watching delayed coverage? The majority of the races are in the middle of the night in the US, so I DVR them. FOX coverage is broadcast delayed, so even watching "live" isn't. I frequently have conflicts (autocross! ) as well. I hate getting spoilers, so I'd want to be able to synchronize the app with the playback, without any risk of...
Formula 1 and service pricing are the sticking points for me personally. I'm not a big fan of traditional ball-and-stick sports, but I agree they are a bigger issue overall. I'm currently a Dish Network subscriber, and am quite happy with the quality of service and their DVR, but pay about twice what it's worth. Unfortunately, the alternatives (Comcast and FIOS) cost about the same, and don't have any clear advantages for me. Everything else we watch (and care about) is...
I don't have a PS3, so I can't say with finality, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. While iTunes music is DRM-free, video is still "protected". The DRM system is Apple-proprietary, so it would need to be played using iTunes, or an Apple device.
I use MS Office at work because I have little choice. It's good for short, quick tasks, but doesn't work well for large or formal projects, and has a lot of nasty quirks. I had come to think of Word especially as "a relic of the 80's". I recently completed a project that produced two massive documents (2400+ pages together) using a lot of automation; Excel, Word, XML/XSLT, and C# code together in a hot mess. It mostly worked, but there was a lot of stuff that just...
Sorry, I didn't have this issue and hadn't heard any reports of it persisting more than a day or two. If it's still there after a week, take it back to the store; I would think they could exchange it.