or Connect

Posts by Relic

Yeah I agree, I only use Google Drive to save my movies on as it's still best service that I have used that can handle my ripped/encoded movies without issue, let it be watching them directly from the web or streaming to VLC. When it comes across a format that it can't stream it converts the file on the fly as well, pretty cool. Most everything else, except for my programming files (DropBox), I use OneDrive. I started to really use OneDrive after I got the Nokia 1020 as it...
Well you can connect the Minix to the iPhone via it's hotspot function and still use the Netflix app on the MINIX itself. I'm sure you'll stop using Netflix though once you see what the Kodi(XBMC) app has to offer, which is basically everything that has to deal with multimedia.
It just accepts the stream directy, at least that is the experience I get when using my iPad. Why do you need to stream Netflix though, the MINIX offers the ability to install apps, you can install the latest full version of the NetFlix app, same version that's in your iPhone, so it would be kind of redundant to do what your doing.
You can fight back, just stop buying things and replacing them every year. Instead of spending $70 on an Apple TV, buy a used ultra mini PC like a Intel NUC or a MSI Brick for $150 off of eBay, install an opensorce media center app on it like XBMC and than just keep it updated. You can easily get 3 years out of it and will never feel like your missing anything as you'll still have access to all of the latest content from the likes of HBO Go, Netflix, Hulu, etc. it just...
Yes, it handles Airplay devices just fine, including displaying the desktop from an iPad or iPhone(mirroring, did you think the Apple TV was the only device that could do this?) No iTunes in the version I'm using X8-H Plus but if you get the Windows version of the MINIX however, the Z64, than yes, you could stream your iTunes content as you can install iTunes. Like I said before though, I have access to the Google Play Store, Amazon Prime and whatever else is out there,...
OhI was refering to the new upcoming Apple TV which will not be $69, Apple is just clearing out old stock, sorry I didn't make that clear. Besides Apples services what else does the Apple TV offer that can't be found anywhere else. I mean I have HBO GO, though I can't use it yet as its not available in Switzerland. Kodi has it but I don't think it's legal. Actually that app is a pirate haven, I actually saw the new new Avengers movie listed on one of the video site...
Sorry about that chief as agent 99 used to say. You should also have a look at http://chromixium.org/ , it's a Ubuntu Distro that was made to look and feel like Chrome OS, I'm actually using it right now to type this response. Works great, seriously, it actually looks and feels like your using Chrome OS but your also able to install Linux and Android applications. Another distro that will probably be the coolest of them all is PapryOS, it's not available yet but defiantly...
In all fairness the Apple TV 3rd generation has been out for quite a long time. You can't expect Apple to support these things forever. Personally I moved away from the Apple TV to a Minix X8-H Plus because I enjoy it's freedom of content, features, ports and the ability to install apps like the absolutely wonderful Kodi (XBMC), which has completely changed the way I use my TV. Maybe you should also move on, it's okay to own a device that's not made by Apple. Nvidia's new...
 Just make sure that the package you choose comes with the updated remote, it's a free upgrade.
I promise you won't be disappointed if you go down this route, also make sure you grab the set that includes the updated remote. If not it won't really matter as you can control the MINIX with your iPad or Android tablet using any number of the free XBMC apps. I actually prefer using a Logitech keyboard made for Smart TVs, it has an illuminated keyboard and trackpad making activities such as surfing a real pleasure. You can also control the MINIX using an Xbox controller,...