or Connect

Posts by Relic

Agreed, Lightroom is a fantastic product, I turned to it after Apeture, I never liked Apples iPhoto or their new one. I don't my photos all jumbled in with each other, I organize everything into folders. Since I also use multiple devices with different OS's I hardly ever use software from the manufacture who develops the system. I need everything working in complete harmony with each other. Plus Lightroom works fantastically with OneDrive, which in my opinion is the best...
I never minded Windows 8.1, I had the apps I wanted when using the Metro mode and the desktop was stable. After installing Windows 10 on both my Surface 10 and ThinkPad 8 tablet, which was moth balled until today, I have to say it's a pretty big improvement. I like that their is no longer a desktop when you switch to tablet mode, which is perfect for the small but still very useable ThinkPad 8 tablet, though it is the 4GB model. The Surface Pro 3 is the real treat though,...
Why is it funny, most of the popular Podcast players are available on Android. It's not like Podcasts are something special, you can even play them directly from the sites that created them negating the need for a player all together.
Personally my favorite Podcast app is Pocket Casts, feature rich, nice looking and is very easy to find Podcasts. Also love the download feature. I've used Downcast and though it had most of the features I was looking for I didn't really care for the UI. Pocket Casts just looks great on all of my devicves, iPad, Nexus 9 and BlackBerry Passport.
My point is, everyone has a phone that can do everything the iPod can, so what's the point of doubling up. I can see a 9 - 13 year old using one who hasn't gotten a phone yet, though I haven't seen many children over 11 who doesn't already have a phone, Further the iPod doesn't have that stand out feature, if it's meant to be a music player than I would have liked to seen Apple go after the audiophile by using a built in DAC with headphone amplifier. If it was meant to be...
The Apple Watch is one of those devices that no one actually needs, it's completely a luxury item. Also the first generation isn't something that I would call evolutionary or even ground breaking, it might be better than the Android watches but that's not really saying much. I think these watches need another 2 to 3 years in the oven before their ready. If a smart watch can't get at least 3 days of battery life I just can't be bothered. My kids have them and they do not...
I'm actually surprised Apple is still producing the iPod. The only customer I could think of who might actually want one is maybe a preteen who doesn't have a phone yet. I recently replaced my aging Fiio potable amplifier with their newer E6 model, it's smaller and sounds amazing, especially when paired with my Bower & Wilkins P5's or C5's. I was thinking of grabibg their new bluetooth version of the P5's but than I couldn't use my Fiio E6 which is an absolute must have as...
Yes their pretty good but personally I still think Lenovo's on site service is the best. When I had a problem with my X230 a repair guy came out the very next day, the guy said that he needed to replace the motherboard but didn't have the part with him, he gave me a choice of a new unit he had with him or he could come back tomorrow, I took the new unit. The thing was, it was my fault the motherboard died as I pored orange juice on it. Their products have been absolutely...
Just don't buy another device in which you can't install the apps that you want. Everyone here might hate Android but by goodness in a TV set-box it's pretty fantastic. I started out with a Apple TV and enjoyed it but after buying the Minix I honestly couldn't own another TV device that I didn't have complete control over or couldn't at least install Kodi (XBMC), an absolute must have app for any such device.
That's what I'm fearing.