or Connect

Posts by Relic

They will most certainly start making smartphones again in 2015 but just smartphones.
I got my Mac Pro today, first thing I did was yank out the CPU and RAM, a little time consuming but overall a simple endeavor. Vvvrrrrooommm, fastest darn thing I have ever owned. I also installed CentOS, a RedHat clone but is compatible with the Mac hardware, actually a little more so as it can use both graphic cards simultaneously. I have been watching the temperatures closely do to the Xeon 14 core, however since it's 10 Watts lower than the 12 Core it shouldn't be a...
I just tried the new version of Here Maps for Android, it's no longer a crappy HTML5 version but a complete rewrite that looks and feels like the WM8 version which means the iOS version got a rewrite as well. If this is the case than it's a really good app, free map downloads which means you don't have to be connected to the net. Defiantly worth the install now, the new version, not the crappy old one.
The only proper Nokia Map app is in a Windows Phone, and is actually really good, even include transit info like train schedules, the Android and iOS versions however are very poor implementations, hopefully this new iOS version will follow the W8M version, anything else would just be a waste of time.
DED, if you think IDC is incorrect than stop using them as a reference in your stories when their numbers serve you. Also I've seen first hand more and more schools here in Switzerland using ChromeBooks, am I imagining this, so Zurich, Luzern and Zug school districts aren't going with the ChromeBook. There is plenty of market for both platforms to survive seccesfully, and there was defiantly no need to go into such detail as to why ChromeBooks aren't actually doing well in...
Your right, I'll do just that, though I will defiantly be sending some of you something nice. Having a lot of fun playing with my new toys. The Huawei Mate 7 is incredible, holy crap is this a good phone. After seeing this you would have to be a complete moron to buy a Samsung. I paid 500 CHF for it, almost 300 less than the Note 4 and better in almost every way. This is the Android phone to, get. Kids are having a blast with their new iPhone 6's, gosh they have nice...
Are they commimg soon. Doesn't matter, 64GB was already an indulgence, 192 would just be a complete waste. Have you seen the benchm!arks yet on the Xeon 14 Core, VrooommmCould you please read the last sentence in my first post and tell me how you would do it? Writing contest, raffle, what? I want it to he fair.
I went crazy today, I was just so excited about being home that I wanted everyone to have a special treat. Kids are on the coach arguing what is the better Angry Birds version, husband is snoozing pretending to read, the doggy is watching the kids and I'm unboxing my Helix 2 and Huawei Mate 7 (I don't know, I just wanted it), I'm home Benji, I'm home, oh God thank you, thank you, thank you.
I know, so cool, I bought the base version except for the D500 upgrade which I just changed, I got to thinking which is never a good idea as it always costs me more, anyway I than went on Amazon and bought the Xeon E5-2697 14 Core and 64Gb of ECC RAM. It will be the fastest computer I have ever owned, not to mention the fastest Mac Pro in the world. The kicker, it cost less than if I bought the 12 Core and 64 GB from Apple. So much so that it paid for half of the K20...
Why is what he said bad, why did you feel it necessary to belittle him. He probably read this somewhere and decided to share it. You could have politely replied to him. You strike me as a person who just reads and reads every bit of tech highlights they can get their hands on without actually getting their hands dirty, talking instead of doing. Java is one of the most used in house programming languages for businesses there is. Entire infrastructures are built upon it, a...