or Connect

Posts by Relic

On a side note, have you guys played around with some of the new Linux distros that were recently released. The two I had n mind are Antergos, which is based off of my favorite distro of all time, Arch Linux. Then there is Deepen, though based off of my least favorite Ubuntu it's still a wonderful little distro, resembling nothing it's cousins. Both are very elegant looking, loaded with useful software out of box and are extremely fast. Antergos, and I kid you not, starts...
 Well I did, I'm not a moron, I was using NextStep way before Apple got their grubby hands on it after the BeOS deal fell through and really, I've told enough stories about me using Solaris, SGI Workstations and Servers that I'm surprised you even thought for a second that I didn't know. The Unix certification doesn't really mean anything to me though. So why Solaris, well basically I'm just not a fan of BSD, I'm just used to a certain way, the Solaris way, BSD's system...
Thank you, I know but I  want to use Solaris.
I just bought one myself, you don't have to wait for a faster version, you can do it yourself, I bought the base version of the Mac Pro with the entry level CPU, I than bought the 64GB of memory and XEON 14 CORE CPU separately from Amazon, saved almost 2 grand by doing it this way and even have good ECC Kingston RAMS. Just a note, taking the Mac Pro apart to replace the CPU is a bitch in the half, worth saving 2 grand though. I took that money and bought an external...
It's 1080P with 500  Nits of brightness, the display is awesome, it's only a 12.5" display, 2k is a waste, you can still get one though if you want it, the new 2015 model can be ordered with a 3K display like the Yoga 3. I'm not sure what out of the box means, yes, you do have to install OSX manually but all of the hardware is supported so it's fairly easy to do, took me about an hour to do. I'm now running OSX, Solaris, Linux Mint, Windows 8 and Android x86. It's a 512GB...
You know your the one that came after me for owning a Nokia with Windows RT.  I also own a few iPads and a Surface Pro 3 as well but I still really like using my Nokia as my daily reader, surf pad, messenger, casual gaming, despite your negative comments. My iPads are strictly for music creation as their perfect for that task, I'm not a fan of using them as mobile tablets though, there are a number of things that frustrate me with the platform, it's not worth going into...
 Funny, your trying to be insulting but those who actually use the Nokia 2520 no better and are actually more worried about making sure that they have another one at the ready in case God forbid something happens to their beloved. Yes, it run Windows RT but who cares, there are more than enough apps to make the device useful, has a full version of Office including Outlook and here is the big thing, unlike Android or iOS, you get a full desktop web browser with Flash,...
 Fair enough, I know I will never own one though. Will most likely be buying them for my kids and the rest of the children within the family. I can bet money on them ending up in a drawer some where.
 I would serious consider buying a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, not the IdeaPad version but the business model version. Awesome laptop for the price and functionality. I wanted a mid-tier laptop to use with Linux, really needed something where I could switch off EFI and just use legacy mode. I was just going to grab a Lenovo ThinkPad T440 when I came across the ThinkPad Yoga 12.5. Things amazing and I would defiantly grab one over before I would a MacBook Air 13". Built quality...
Wow 4 GPU cards in an external Chasis, I have a single Tesla card in an external ThunderPort Chasis but I couldn't imagine ever needing 4 R9 280x's.