or Connect

Posts by Relic

Mplayer is the closest alternative but I've always used VLC. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/
Same reason why it took a while for Apple to pull any of it's offensive games, example; Baby Shaker, some things get through the cracks. http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/04/23/apple-pulls-baby-shaker-game-from-store/
There are no ads within the Gmail client, you might get ads as an email but ther not sent from Gmail. I have had the same Gmail account since 2000 that I use sspecifically for acquaintances, not a single piece of junk mail because the address isn't used on public sites. Also just install AdBlock Plus and you will never see any adds in Google Search or in YouTube videos.
What ever SolipsismY.
ChromeBooks aren't for everyone but those that have one, embrace and really do enjoy them. My daughters school is using them and it's really fascinating to watch just how fast they've been integrated into the curriculum. My daughter can retrieve her homework online in case she misses school because of illness, almost all of the tests are now given out via their ChromeBook, it's pretty neat. I like mine because of it's simplicity, it always works the way it's supposed to,...
Demeaning someone soley on their choice of technology has to be one the dumbest things I've encountered on this forum. Wbo cares if someone uses Android, Windows 8, Linux, etc., if it does what the user needs it to, what is the problem. So many people here act as if they are some how above the rest just because they use an Apple product. Grow up, it's just technology, not a religion, not a way of life, doesn't make you smarter and certaintly doesn't make you a better...
That's not what I'm saying at all, your twisting my words to fit some black and white world, though your probably right, an Android tablet other than say a Kindle HDX or Nexus tablet where everything is setup properly upon intial boot is probably not recommened for the average consumer, to much responsibility. An OS where everything is setup for the user, especially security settings and anything that has to deal with system customizations is removed like iOS would...
Misinformed, unaware are the very definitions of ignorant. There are reviews all over the web, a person could easily find one of them for the device they are about to buy, even within Wal-Mart itself as I'm sure they have demo computers connected to the net, heck, head over to the magazine rack to check up on the newest version of Consumer Reports. A person buying something without knowing what it is that their buying is in wrong, not us commenting on their stupidly. I...
Android is actually fairly secure if the user follows proper security protocols. As far as the open debate is concerned, that's a matter of opinion, some require structure and others to dictate to them how a device should be used. For a programmer, tinker, hacker, an open platform can be very awarding, I use an iPad for certain tasks but I couldn't imagine just having an iPad. Not to say it isn't good, it's very good but also has many barriers and is missing some...
If an iPad fits the users needs absolutely.