or Connect

Posts by Relic

No I want a tablet, I love touch screen devices. I have a Surface Pro 3, Nokia 2520, Lenovo X230T, Panasonic 20" 4K tablet, Kindle HDX, iPad Air and now an iPad Air 2, will order two more when I get back home and have also ordered a Nexus 9 to replace my Nexus 10 which I sold last week. I had a Nvidia shield for a little while but it was always meant for my son who is the gamer, which until I see the Nexus 9 is the best Android tablet on the market. I also have a Mac Book...
No doubt some of these features on my wish list might be considered advanced but be able to run more than one program in the background is defiantly something a lot of people need. Just the other day I was playing around with a DJ app that was able to take songs from Spotify and mix them. Great little app I though, I spent a good hour making a Beatles MegaMix, I thought I would listen to it while I program, when I minimized the app the music stop playing, aaahhh,...
I'm sure it isn't as saturated as some analysts might have us believe. I'm hoping IBM's involvement will bring more advanced features to the iPad like network authentication, multiple user support, better multitasking, specifically being able to run more than one app at a time in the background and not just apps from Apple. I want to be able to open up a SSH terminal, start a program and than minimize the terminal without having the connection terminated until I choose...
I wonder just how many of the entry Mac Mini's Apple sold, Dataquest, our main Apple re-seller here in Switzerland, stopped stocking the desktop models in their stores a while back, I guess due to not so overwhelming sales, they only carried the server models. They have a Mac Mini on display in their shops but you still have to order it, only takes 2 days, so not much of an inconvenience. They'll probably carry the new 2014's for a while until even those start to fizzle...
It depends what the user wants to do, the person who buys a Mac Mini is most likely not going to use it for anything other than basic computing, emails, surfing, documents, spreadsheets, home accounting, etc. Something a ChromeBook or ChromeBox is more than capable of handling, I know the term, just a web-browser gets thrown around a lot when someone here refers to a Chrome OS device but their actually much more than that. Web apps have become mature enough now to actually...
Without the whole good vs. bad angle angle forums such as these, would just be filled with boring stories about how people actually use their devices. Doesn't make for a good read or I'm assuming do to their very low amount of comments, the stories about Samsung however which always have a high amount of comments arouse the darkest corners of human nature, like hating things that mean absolutely nothing to us, gaining up on a certain thing without ever actually using that...
I prefer using cpubenchmark.net, that's where my scores came from, it's a much more comprehensive testing platform for Intel CPU's than GeekBench. Doesn't matter though, a person should buy what they feel comfortable with, I personally find the new Mac Mini not worth the money. I would get an iMac or stay with the 2012 Mac Mini.
Well to be fare his problems were from buying the wrong hardware, I've installed OSX on a NUC with a HD 5000 and the correct WiFi which everyone know as their listed on every single Hackintosh guide, it's very simple to do but fair enough, I guess for some, paying extra for  plug'n play trumps a little work any day. The NUC where you only save a 100 or say may not be worth it but saving $640 by going with the Gigabyte instead of the top Mac Mini defiantly is.
 You're probably right, anyone wanting more power will most likely look else where, most likely the iMac. Though you can buy an Intel NUC with a similar performing CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 240GB SSD drive for just $30 more than Mac Mini entry model and that does run OSX perfectly, plus it's smaller in size, perfect for mounting behind a monitor. 
Which is why I don't use an Apple TV, all of my movies are stored on the cloud. It's fine though, there's nothing that the Apple TV has that I want, I use an HP ChromeBox that currently satisfies all of my needs in terms of a TV entertainment system.