or Connect

Posts by Relic

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with iOS, if I install say, the OneDrive client, like with Android I expect to be able to save directly to it from any app installed on the system. No, instead the app has to specifically programmed to support each of the individual cloud services. This is also a problem with the share function, each app has to be individually programmed to allow communication between other apps instead of just reading what apps are already installed...
I have and I'm not impressed, their simply not worth the price they command. My portable headphone needs are met extremely well with the Bowers and Wilkins P5's and P7's, as well as a pair of C5's for when I need something ultra-portable. The Beats just don't compare to both the audio and build quality. Home use, again it's either the B&O P7's or still my favorite headphones of all time, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, simply stunning sound for the price, not to mention that...
The Swiss Franc is still one of most traded currencies on Forex because of it's high price stability and low inflation rates. The Swiss frank is one of the most solid currencies in the world to invest in. Where as the US dollar would probably be one of the last currencies I would personally invest in, unless I was a day trader and could watch the market closely, in terms of long term investments though, I wouldn't do it.
I find the exact opposite to be true when using my touchscreen laptop, ThinkPad Yogo S240, 12.5", i7, 16GB, 512GB SSD. I wanted a computer that I could disable the EFI and use with Solaris. It also has a Wacom Stylus that is increasingly becoming the most useful feature on it. In fact I'm so hooked on touch enabled devices that I'm done buying laptops that don't have it. Since the ThinkPad Yoga also runs OSX like it was specifically designed for it I have permanently...
My husband is a real B&O person so most of our audio components are from them, including our lighting and other home automation toys. Though I agree the BeoPlay 9 is a force to be reckon with I found the A2's to be fairly week when comparing them with other speakers for less money. Since the A2 was a Christmas gift and not a purchase from me I do like owning one, great battery and design but I would recommend the Bowers & Wilkins T7, smaller, better sound, especially in...
On a side note, have you guys played around with some of the new Linux distros that were recently released. The two I had n mind are Antergos, which is based off of my favorite distro of all time, Arch Linux. Then there is Deepen, though based off of my least favorite Ubuntu it's still a wonderful little distro, resembling nothing it's cousins. Both are very elegant looking, loaded with useful software out of box and are extremely fast. Antergos, and I kid you not, starts...
 Well I did, I'm not a moron, I was using NextStep way before Apple got their grubby hands on it after the BeOS deal fell through and really, I've told enough stories about me using Solaris, SGI Workstations and Servers that I'm surprised you even thought for a second that I didn't know. The Unix certification doesn't really mean anything to me though. So why Solaris, well basically I'm just not a fan of BSD, I'm just used to a certain way, the Solaris way, BSD's system...
Thank you, I know but I  want to use Solaris.
I just bought one myself, you don't have to wait for a faster version, you can do it yourself, I bought the base version of the Mac Pro with the entry level CPU, I than bought the 64GB of memory and XEON 14 CORE CPU separately from Amazon, saved almost 2 grand by doing it this way and even have good ECC Kingston RAMS. Just a note, taking the Mac Pro apart to replace the CPU is a bitch in the half, worth saving 2 grand though. I took that money and bought an external...
It's 1080P with 500  Nits of brightness, the display is awesome, it's only a 12.5" display, 2k is a waste, you can still get one though if you want it, the new 2015 model can be ordered with a 3K display like the Yoga 3. I'm not sure what out of the box means, yes, you do have to install OSX manually but all of the hardware is supported so it's fairly easy to do, took me about an hour to do. I'm now running OSX, Solaris, Linux Mint, Windows 8 and Android x86. It's a 512GB...