or Connect

Posts by Relic

Hahaha true, true......
Doesn't really matter though, the term is still used when discussing other mobile stores as well. I know when I tell someone about an app for Android, Windows, BB, etc, I always refer to it as the app store, regardless of platform, though I do add, Apple, Android or Windows in front of it. The term has defiantly become ambiguous. Those who just use Apple's store though understandably don't see it.
Not a Mercedes, I would go down on a guy if he had a Porsche though.
What no, your just twisting anything I say aren't you. Again if you knew anything about the ChromeBook you would know that you can completely lock out the Dev mode. Also a ChromeBook is very secure as it checks to see if the system has been tampered with upon every boot, if so it reverts back to it's original state, over writing any changes the child made. Yes, there will always be way's to circumvent these security measures but it's not easy and a child could easily jail...
I can't stand car analogies but I'll bite, what exactly does having a more expensive car have to do with anything when the outcome is exactly the same, the Rio will still get you from point A to point B. Having a 5.5 liter V8 might sound appealing but the majority of people have no idea what to do with all of that power or can even afford it, it's a luxury product, status symbol. Most of us just need to get to our destination. A ChromeBook will most defiantly provide a...
USB stick, copy from one computer to the other, ChromeBooks also have an Ethernet and a Wifi, you could also use the hotspot funtion on your phone but you of course know all of this and are just being silly. In the future, suggest the Huawei E3131, Huawei E367, ZTE MF823 or the FreedomPOP to your customers, they work out of the box. Still the best option though is to just spring for the 3G/4G enabled Chromebook in the beginning, their only 50 to 80 more, a no brainer...
You can completely install Linux on a ChromeBook, dual boot, the works. There are even custom BIOS in which to enhance this experince. Personally I prefer the Chroot, I'm not really sure what you mean by restrictive though, you have complete access to the hardware layer and there isn't anything you can't run in it. As far as I'm concerned, if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog, it's a dog.
Who the heck still uses dial up and yes it actually does if you install the binaries for the drivers. It's just Linux, if the driver exists in Linux it will most likely work in Chrome OS. If your talking about a USB 3G/4G dongle, Chrome OS most defiantly supports them out of the box, not all of the but most, for those that are not supported, again if the driver exists for Linux you could always install it manually, takes like 5 minutes. Instead I've trying to convince...
A little exaggeration, your also talking about the first incarnation from HP, they fixed the tracked with G2, their now on G3. You guys use one device and assume the rest are garbage. My daughter has a G2 14 and it works very well, I'm personally getting the G3 14, with the Nvidia K1, 4GB and 1080p display.
You really do not know what your talking about and defiantly haven't used a ChromeBook. First, not all Chromebooks are junk, in fact it would be pretty hard press to actually find one that is. The HP 11's and 14's for example are absolute tanks and can easily withstand the abuse of any child, including liquid spills. Third party apps, what do you think the 1,000's of web apps are and Chrome OS is starting to integrate Android apps into the system, by mid 2015 almost the...