or Connect

Posts by Relic

Why not, Nvidias new Shield Console, comes with 3GB RAM, 32GB SSD + mini SD, 2 USB ports for external HD, Tegra X1, GamePad for only 200. So under 300 is more than likely. 
 I think around 200 as well, though the Fire TV is only 100 and has twice the RAM and CPU to the current model, any word on better gaming, perhaps a dedicated game-pad like with the soon to be released Nvidia Shield set-box. My son will probably go for the latter, meaning the Nvidia regardless of what Apple releases. However I'm actually excited for the Apple TV, will be a great addition to my Minix Z64 and ChromeBox.
You guys do know that BlackBerry is once again profitable and are not going Bankrupt anytime soon, even though you would like this to happen. Just do a simple search on their current financial situation. Their phone line is still in question, though I hope it survives as I absolutely love their phones now. My Passport is (A)wesome in almost every aspect, especially editing document, logging into remote servers via a secured terminal, emails, messaging, etc. I couldn't...
I passed on the Surface to my daughter to use while she is in School in Ireland. I did however just pre-ordered the new Asus T300 Chi, a Transformer model, only 7.3mm thick, 15mm when connected to the keyboard and it only weighs 1.58 lbs. Sounds interesting, especially for the price and specs, Aluminum body, 12" display, 2560 x 1440 resolution, Wacom Stylus, Core-M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, USB 3.0, micro USB, mini SD, mini HDMI, starts at only $800 for the 1080p model. I also...
No, I wear a lot of vintage jewelry and stay away from main stream looking pieces. That's when I wear jewelry as I prefer going without except during special occasions. Again, I personally don't see the appeal of owning a smart watch, especially one that is going to be worn by millions of other people. If I wear a watch I would like it to be something that people don't see very often, special edition, limited run off and no a gold or platinum version of a watch that has...
Do you really think if smart watches took off, I mean really took off that the likes of Omega or Rolex wouldn't accomadate their customers with a smart watch of their own. As there is nothing but assumptions at this point I think it would be smart to sit back and wait a little. Personally I still don't think these smart watches are ready for prime time but If I were to by one, it would be one of these https://kairoswatches.com/ which is, hey what do you know a Swiss watch...
 The Samsung Gear also has haptic feedback as well. Personally I think the whole smart-watch idea is silly and I truly believe once the early adapters and curious have gotten theirs, sales, like on the Google side will slow to a crawl. I might have been more respectable if they could have hidden the smart functionality onto a mechanical watch, only bring up the smart part when needed, saving battery in the process. I also would never own a piece of jewelry that millions of...
The same goes for Swiss German, Siri understands high German without issues but the second I switch to Swiss German, which is what I use on a daily basis, forget it, Siri just doesn't understand. Google however amazingly does, it even understands my cousins weird Basel accent. Maps, I like Nokia's solution, especially on my Nokia 2520, it's one of the few apps that allows you to download an entire countries map for free. The GPS driving system is fantastic as well and...
 I do, sometimes, you need to modify your ad profile to get better ads. Ones that are directed towards your interest. It's also important to set the location. Example, I get ads from Digitec.ch, Interdiscount.ch, etc. local computer stores. I like knowing when they have sales on certain items. If you don't want to see ads, just use AdBlock, it works. I have a ad blocker installed in my proxy server. If you don't know how to do it yourself, their is software like MyProxy,...
I still have a Logitech Trackball from the 90's stuffed away in a drawer some where but I usually change out my mouse and keyboard every 2 years. Not that their in such dire need of replacememnt mind you, just that I have a small attraction for such things. Especially mobile keyboards, just love'em. Right now I think the Wedge line from Microsoft is the best, both the keyboard and mouse are superb to use. Desktop use, nothing still beats the Happy Hacker Keyboard...