or Connect

Posts by Relic

I've never down played the A8, it's an incredible chip, what I don't appreciate is when people, like you, try to convince everyone, like Ded does as well, that every other chip out there is garbage when compared to the A8. I have never said the A8 wasn't any good, I bought three iPads because of how good it was. Chips like the K1, which you've gone on long rants about is also a very good chip, that's all I am trying to convey, never tried to downplay the A8.
Again good post, I to bought Apple very early, well during the Jobs second coming, early, in 2000 when it was trading at less than 14 dollars, I borrowed 100,000 CHF from my parents to help purchase 10,000 shares, after a 2 for 1 stock spit and than another 7 for 1 later, yea it's worth quite a lot now and hopefully will not sell in my life time. It's controlled by a living Trust, so my family should be financial secured when I pass. I also own quite a few others like...
I've been watching with great anticipation for a development board with Imagination's new MIPS64-Based I6400 CPU. This thing is going to be a beast and only strengthens what I have been saying, you can't categorically call these other ARM manufacturers as loosers, we're just now entering into a whole new era of low powered, extremely fast 64Bit CPU's. Articles like Ded's are just love letters to their favorite tech and actually don't offer anything of real substance.Anyway...
Good post, agreed fully. I don't think we will ever see Apple selling their ARM chips to others, nor do I think we would see the kinds of speeds that iOS produces if they were used in say an Android or Windows 8 tablet, their too customized to their target group. Mobile devices are also not the only thing ARM chips are used for, the K1 for instance is now being used in hospital imaging equipment and cars. Why did Ded leave out the absolutely huge market for none mobile...
Sorry but I just dont see this massive power drain your talking about with the K1, my Nexus 9 has a 6,700mAh battery and I consistently get between 7.5 to 8 hours of life, my Pad Air 2 has a 7340mAh and I get beween 8 and 8.5, seems fairly similiar to me. When playing a game, the iPad Air 2 drains quicker.
You should really use a ChromeBook before passing judgement. Web apps very good now, you can use Adobe Photoshop now, MS Office which is free to use with a OneDrive Account, iCoud apps, etc. Check it out for yourself by going to the ChromeStore. They have native apps now and are starting to get more Android apps as well, soon the entire Android catalog will be available for Chrome OS. If all I had was 250 dollars I would defiantly get a ChromeBook or ChromeBox over an iPad...
I have an eMate too, though I don't use it anymore, it's in my gadget dsiplay case next to my Psion 5MX and HP 95LX.
I'm not sure what this article is trying to convey other than manufactures should just pack it in and give up. I quite like my iPad, it serves my purposes for certain tasks such as music creation perfectly, but I don't think I would like to use it for all of my tablet needs, especially not being unable to run multiple apps in the background, which would more than likely drive me nuts. So I'm extremely happy to have choice that will give me those things that the iPad...
Well sounds like you had a rough patch, I never really used Windows in the past so I can't comment on your misfortunes but since using Windows 8 I haven't had any problems, nor with any other OS I have used, including Android. Now that I have started using web apps as my main source of applications, hopefully my good fortune will continue. Though I truly believe it has nothing to do with luck but following proper security measures.
Larger phones are defiantly something that females gravitate towards. Every single girl in my family and friends all have Galaxy Notes, LG G3's and now the iPhone 6 Plus, I have a BB Passport. None of us have an iPad Mini, but most of us have do own Kindles as we like to share books and iPads.