or Connect

Posts by Relic

I used Apple Maps probably twice in the last year, both times I found the features sparse. So after this article I fired it up, looks really nice on the iPad Air but is still missing public transportation like bus lines and trains. A feature I use quite a bit when traveling. You just click on the little bus icon and it gives the times or you can search. Now that I have a Nokia 1020, Nokia Maps is defiantly the better of the three, transit, traffic, good restaurants...
 That proves nothing, Apple has a monopoly on iOS devices so their users are forced to use whatever Apple provides. If Apple had, say a 5" iPhone and it didn't sell you would have a point, till then though your just speculating that 4" is what people want and look your probably right but there just isn't anyway to prove it..
Oooooh, oooooh, Apple would do it, hehehe. It's actually a really nice feature and Apple should add it. I especially would like to see it for the web browser and iPhoto. It would be great to have iPhoto on one side and Safari on the other with Instagram opened.
 There must be a market for them or manufactures wouldn't make them, The new Sony Z Ultra has a one month waiting period over at Swisscom, our largest mobile provider. I'm sure it's because Sony just didn't make that many but the fact that there is a waiting period and over 100 peoples name are on a list at my local store says that there is defiantly a market. Not as big as Apples market share but one thing I do know for sure if Apple built a 5" iPhone people would buy it,...
Okay this is a little better in terms of price for a PCIe breakout box   600.00 bucks is still a lot but getting more in line to what I like to see. The Sonett at 1,000 is just nuts though.   This is also pretty cool, yea okay I want the this;
Yeah okay, I could see a raid being useful for video work. I'm kind of done with none networked storage though.
Yeah I like the Black Magic stuff, ooh did you see their little camera, how cool is that.
I'm really not trying to be an Ahole here, just looking at what is available Thunderport wise and I just don't see anything that looks super cool that I must have. I do like the break out video capture boxes but I have no need for analog, that audio cards are probably the only thing that I would want but the PC world has just so many more options in the realm for me to change platforms back to Apple for audio work, Ableton Live looks and does the same thing on Windows....
Oh I have plenty of Apple products, probably more then the average person on here, still have older ones as well like a Lambard Powerbook with a G4 upgrade card, Powermac G4, Apple IIFX, Apple Classic Color, Apple TV (the black one.) New ones include iMac 27" 2012 i7 , 512GB, 32GB, iPad 4 64GB , iPad Mini 32 GB, 3G, iPad Air 128GB, 4G, Macbook Air 2012 and Mac Mini i7, 256GB 16GB. I'm just trying to understand the need for Thunderport, the PCIe breakout boxes are just so...
 I have a 3GB external HD connected to a SATA input, throughput has never been saturated, why do I need a faster connection when the HD drive won't transfer data any faster. A Thunderport to PCIe breakout box cost's 800 to 1,000 dollars, what else is out there for Thunderport except Apple monitors, a couple of external sound cards and video capture box's. Am I missing something else? I'm doing a search right for every Thunderport accessory, I think I found two that look...