or Connect

Posts by Relic

I just realized something, the Mac Pro only has one HDMI port, what if I want to use three NEC 10BIT monitors. How much are Thunderport to HDMI or DisplayPort adapters? I see that have you count Thunderport as big feature for the Mac Pro. Do you have any use for ThundPort? I have yet to meet anyone who needs it, it's just to expensive. USB 3.0 is more then adequate for my needs.
Oh absolute, I'm sure 64bit will be a big hit with the gamer crowd but I have no interest in such things. The apps that I and most other people use like Evernote, iPhoto, ect won't see any real gains from 64bit for quite some time. What needs to be focused on are the benefits of the new ARM 15 Cortex design that the A7 uses, this is worth a conversation, not 64bit, that has nothing to do with the performance gains of the A7 processor.
I said before nothing you say will change my mind, I don't know Mike Ash I'm sure he's a good programmer but most people wouldn't focus on all of that when a persons says I don't mean any harm by what I'm saying, I'm just dying, I'm angry, I'm medicated. Instead you continue on with your quest to prove you are the uber fan of all things Apple and that your right, you sir are a jack ass, shame on you. You've been a member of this board all of a few months, show some respect...
At this point in time it is for marketing reasons. In a server environment, in which ARM had in tented the 64bit processor for I don't have a problem with but in a mobile class CPU until I see real results it's for marketing. Calling me a troll is not going to change my mind on these issues but if it makes you feel better you go right ahead. This is version 5 of the iPad and were still at 1GB, why is trollish to want more memory, the more apps that Apple allows you to run...
Thanks for the info that's very interesting. The newer i7's can now support and utilize 64GB installed on a motherboard that supports it. Socket must be a LGA2011, here is a list of motherboards that support 64GB. I recently helped one of my cyber friends acquire a Intel DX79SR board, their hard to find and kind of expensive but I know a dealer who got me a deal. I would have preferred an Asus Rampage IV Black Edition for the price but he's kind of a purist, Intel CPU,...
Yeah, I see it on mine to, I swear I'm not spamming you. Nor did I write that! I swear that wasn't me. I'm being an A-hole today but not like that.
The starting retail costs for the new XEON CPU is 460 dollars for the Quad core model, 300 if you buy it from eBay. It's a really fast chip though but so is the i7 at the same price range, actually faster. It's the mid level Mac Pro that I am interested in, I think that this is going to be the real sweet spot, the CPU for that starts at 750, about 500 on eBay, 300 if you buy the none v2 version which you only loose about 180 points on the CPU benchmarks test so really the...
 Well thank you but I can't take credit for my English, I went to university in California, CalTech, I recieved my masters in Computer Science with a minor Mathematics. I was going to go to ETH in Zurich but then I was offered a scholarship. I currently live in Steinhausen, 2K from Zug but for the last month I have been in the Kanton Spital Ich bin im zimmer nummer 214, die intensive Einheit, wenn Sie möchten, könnten wir in Deutsch zu sprechen. I have to admit it's funny...
64bit? this has nothing to do with 64bit, we are talking about the memory available on a iPad. Am I in the wrong thread again? You go right ahead and trust everything a mulit-bilion dollar company tells you as fact.
That's nice but compressing 2 GB of memory is better then 1GB. They did it to save on cost and keep their large margins, I'd rather pay more for it, there is no excuse, when more and more 64bit apps come online they are going to need that extra memory especially games, in the end they should have at least added it to the 64GB and 128GB versions. Stop making excuses for them, we need to as a collective customer base start to saying to them, no this isn't right or it will...