or Connect

Posts by Relic

Yeah, I know, just be warned that it will cost you a small fortune. A fully loaded Thinkpad X230T, i7-3520M, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, costs 1200, DIY ViDock 80 to 120, plus whatever you pay for the power supply and GPU, personally I would rather pay the 130 bucks more and get a Nvidia gtx 970 though, don't you agree. Also a comparable MacBook Pro 13" costs 2,000 with the i5-4308U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, then your Sonnet costs $979, granted it's using ThunderPort so the external...
I'm definitely in new territory, especially creating a viable ARM 64bit Linux platform to start creating my projects. I love it, I haven't had this much fun since I got my first SGI machine. I remember a while back, a dear friend of mine bought an Power Macintosh 8600, basically it was a rejuvenated 840 AV, and boy was it was loaded, 300 Mhz, 1GB RAM, 4GB HD, 4MB VRAM upgrade, a drool worthy machine for the time. He was a semi-professional video artist who filmed weddings,...
I like Lenevo, especially their ThinkPad line. I never had a single problem with any of my X serie notebooks, their built like tanks, in fact my X60T is still going strong after 7 years, updated it to 16GB of RAM, a Samsung 240GB SSD and a faster WiFi card, bullet proof. My X230T though is the real treat, runs OSX like it was made for it. It's the i7 version, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, touchscreen twisty screen (unfortuantly Lenovo discontinued their tablet version of the X...
  Though I've participated on many occasions, mostly because of my mother and sister, I was never really into the scene. I liked going in the first few weeks of the season to get a tan and than maybe a few more times after but that was it. It's kind of a private party affair, although there are the occasional tourist, most are locals and everyone knows each other, a lot of them are my familiy, cousins, uncles and the sort, we all live in the same community. So I never...
No problemo, just pulling your chain. I'm really enjoying my Nexus 9, it's a developers wet dream. I got Linaro booting up in CLI, Linaro is an open source project aimed at creating tools, Linux Kernels and GCC binaries that are designed specifically for ARMv8. I'm compiling everything from scratch to maximize performance and compatibility, there won't be a single library that isn't being utilized, the same with any applications I install, including CLI tools. This is all...
It's better for you, after using a 1:1 aspect ratio on my BlackBerry Passport I love it, websites, e-books, Docs, etc. look amazing. I also really enjoy the 4:3 on my iPad for the same reason. Then their is my Nokia 2520, a Windows RT tablet with a 16:9 aspect ratio that works great with MS Office and surfing in landscape, also watching movies is a real joy, in fact it's my main portable Kino because of the 16:9 aspect ratio, that and it has a HDMI out so I can connect my...
 I couldn't imagine having a different aspect ratio other than the 15:10 (3840 x 2560) on my Panasonic 20" ToughPad, the 3:2 (2160 x 1440) that my Surface Pro 3 has, the 4:3 that both my iPad Air 2 and Nexux 9 (2048 x 1536) rocks or last but not least the 16:9 (1920 x 1080) that my Nokia 2520 utilizes, as there is no such thing as the perfect aspect ration, it all comes down to what your going to be using the device for more and than compromise on the rest. For example,...
I'm a dudette, not a dude, your welcome and it's fun to do.
 It just takes a little research and knowing the right websites. When it comes to Android phones there is a no better place than XDA. Android phones are notorious for having short lives when it comes to updates, XDA provides an outlet where you could keep pretty much every phone on the market updated to the newest and greatest versions for at least 5 years. If you go here, you will see a list of available ROMS and tools to help flash the HTC that I mentioned earlier. A big...
 Most of our beaches are topless and we have quite a few that are clothing optional. My mother was the real nudist in the family, hippy upbringing, she used to take my sister and I and than my kids to the beach pretty much everyday during the summer, which means my kids grew up as nudists as well. They even met most of their friends their as well, you would be surprised as to how many families do this. So it was nice to know where my kids were during the summer. I haven't...