or Connect

Posts by Relic

Gosh I hope Apple releases a MacBook Air with an A9, that would just be the coolest thing ever.
I had an A9home PC, it was this little cute purple thing that ran RiscOS, it contained an ARM9 CPU, 128Mb RAM and 40GB HD. I got it at a computer fair in Zurich, never really played with it all that much though. I Think I still have it in a box somewhere, I should dig it up, might be a fun thing to play with again.
Check out InteractiveBrokers, you can set aside funds for up and coming IPO's, they even offer simulated trading based on past market data so you can setup your home trading platform without actually making in any orders. Their worth a look and fairly inexpensive to boot. They also have a half way decent mobile trading app, unlike some of the absolute garbage I've used in the past, cough SwissQuote.
That's fine I never said there weren't others in that market. Your also forgetting that K1 has been doing very well in China and India with the Xiami MiPad, Acer Chromebooks and HP is using them in their ChromeBooks, which like their previous models will also sell quite well. I'm not really sure what your deal is with me, this might be an Apple forum but this thread concerns other manufacturers as well. Why is my opinion any less valid than yours. Especially when I...
I know but they will hopefully be listed in 2015, I have set aside 20,000CHF and have it entered in as a pre-order into Eurex. Check with your broker, you can setup something similar to get your buy in fast when it does. I wrote the comment to quickly and skipped a lot, I got side tracked by another poster, I meant to convey getting in early is always your best option, as with Space X but I hit submit and didn't proof read what I had just wrote.
I've never down played the A8, it's an incredible chip, what I don't appreciate is when people, like you, try to convince everyone, like Ded does as well, that every other chip out there is garbage when compared to the A8. I have never said the A8 wasn't any good, I bought three iPads because of how good it was. Chips like the K1, which you've gone on long rants about is also a very good chip, that's all I am trying to convey, never tried to downplay the A8.
Again good post, I to bought Apple very early, well during the Jobs second coming, early, in 2000 when it was trading at less than 14 dollars, I borrowed 100,000 CHF from my parents to help purchase 10,000 shares, after a 2 for 1 stock spit and than another 7 for 1 later, yea it's worth quite a lot now and hopefully will not sell in my life time. It's controlled by a living Trust, so my family should be financial secured when I pass. I also own quite a few others like...
I've been watching with great anticipation for a development board with Imagination's new MIPS64-Based I6400 CPU. This thing is going to be a beast and only strengthens what I have been saying, you can't categorically call these other ARM manufacturers as loosers, we're just now entering into a whole new era of low powered, extremely fast 64Bit CPU's. Articles like Ded's are just love letters to their favorite tech and actually don't offer anything of real substance.Anyway...
Good post, agreed fully. I don't think we will ever see Apple selling their ARM chips to others, nor do I think we would see the kinds of speeds that iOS produces if they were used in say an Android or Windows 8 tablet, their too customized to their target group. Mobile devices are also not the only thing ARM chips are used for, the K1 for instance is now being used in hospital imaging equipment and cars. Why did Ded leave out the absolutely huge market for none mobile...
Sorry but I just dont see this massive power drain your talking about with the K1, my Nexus 9 has a 6,700mAh battery and I consistently get between 7.5 to 8 hours of life, my Pad Air 2 has a 7340mAh and I get beween 8 and 8.5, seems fairly similiar to me. When playing a game, the iPad Air 2 drains quicker.