or Connect

Posts by Relic

There is also Huawei and Lenovo, both making huge strides in the mobile market. Have you seen the new Huawei Ascend Mate 7, pretty nice phone for almost 300 dollars cheaper, would take that over a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 anyday. Even the new Xiaomi M4 is a much better buy at only $450. Samsung just can't compete at these prices, especially when these phones offer a more enjoyable experience with the build quality to back it up.
I paid about 300 for mine, I'm still in doubt the Mac Pro will utilize it though. Where exactly would it go, the Mac Pro is already pretty packed tight and even with out the fans the Pi is a fairly large card. It's a pretty neat piece of tech none the less, I would recommend grabbing a used HP Z Wokstation from eBay if you want to play around with one, installation and support is fantastic with them.If your interested in seeing how the new Intel M's perform check out the...
Hahaha true, true......
Doesn't really matter though, the term is still used when discussing other mobile stores as well. I know when I tell someone about an app for Android, Windows, BB, etc, I always refer to it as the app store, regardless of platform, though I do add, Apple, Android or Windows in front of it. The term has defiantly become ambiguous. Those who just use Apple's store though understandably don't see it.
Not a Mercedes, I would go down on a guy if he had a Porsche though.
What no, your just twisting anything I say aren't you. Again if you knew anything about the ChromeBook you would know that you can completely lock out the Dev mode. Also a ChromeBook is very secure as it checks to see if the system has been tampered with upon every boot, if so it reverts back to it's original state, over writing any changes the child made. Yes, there will always be way's to circumvent these security measures but it's not easy and a child could easily jail...
I can't stand car analogies but I'll bite, what exactly does having a more expensive car have to do with anything when the outcome is exactly the same, the Rio will still get you from point A to point B. Having a 5.5 liter V8 might sound appealing but the majority of people have no idea what to do with all of that power or can even afford it, it's a luxury product, status symbol. Most of us just need to get to our destination. A ChromeBook will most defiantly provide a...
USB stick, copy from one computer to the other, ChromeBooks also have an Ethernet and a Wifi, you could also use the hotspot funtion on your phone but you of course know all of this and are just being silly. In the future, suggest the Huawei E3131, Huawei E367, ZTE MF823 or the FreedomPOP to your customers, they work out of the box. Still the best option though is to just spring for the 3G/4G enabled Chromebook in the beginning, their only 50 to 80 more, a no brainer...
You can completely install Linux on a ChromeBook, dual boot, the works. There are even custom BIOS in which to enhance this experince. Personally I prefer the Chroot, I'm not really sure what you mean by restrictive though, you have complete access to the hardware layer and there isn't anything you can't run in it. As far as I'm concerned, if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog, it's a dog.
Who the heck still uses dial up and yes it actually does if you install the binaries for the drivers. It's just Linux, if the driver exists in Linux it will most likely work in Chrome OS. If your talking about a USB 3G/4G dongle, Chrome OS most defiantly supports them out of the box, not all of the but most, for those that are not supported, again if the driver exists for Linux you could always install it manually, takes like 5 minutes. Instead I've trying to convince...