or Connect

Posts by Relic

www.stopjerkingitusingyourmothersrgoodhousekeepingmagazineandgofindthisinfoforyourself.com
There was some issues with the first Surface but now with the Surface 2 and Nokia 2520 the experience is honestly identical to that of an x86 machine. In fact ironically enough I find Office to be faster on my Nokia 2520 than my Surface 3, though that might be my imagination, they defiantly start up exactly at the same time. Microsoft has recently said that they aren't going to cancel RT and are working on a new Surface 3 RT, who know's though until it's on the shelves. 
 Oh then you should defiantly think about grabbing a Nokia 2520, their only 300 bucks, though the keyboard is another 120 or so and worth every penny. I really think you'll like it, look I don't post these things because I think people will hate them. I use all kinds of tech and for every tablet I post, I didn't tell you about the 5 others I went through to find that perfect one. With RT, I shortly owned the original Surface and a Asus VivoTab RT, they were both okay but...
 It's called Windows 8 RT and it has had an ARM version of Office since the very beginning of it's release, including Outlook. Except for a few x86 only Visual Basic classes, it's identical in every way to the x86 version. In fact Office for ARM comes pre-installed on the Surface, Surface 2 and Nokia 2520 which I have. It's actually a pretty nice setup, the Nokia 2520, especially when it's paired with the Nokia powered keyboard case, the tablet get's 12 hours on it's own,...
Damn hippies, get a job, funny, you know I also play the violin and piano, though their both wired to be recorded. Tech makes me happy, besides, women multitask better than men, it's only natural that we would also transfer that ability to the way we use computers. Doc, you must also think that not being able to run whatever app you want in the background is just a tad bit, I don't know, old/restrictive/low tech, kind of a pre-OSX way of thinking where we were once able to...
 Nice speaker, I have been looking at the new Bowers & Wilkins T7 myself, though I already have a few bluetooth speakers so I will probably hold off but it's still a very tempting setup none the less.     
With new 64Bit ARM chips from AMD, Opteron, Apple, A8x, Nvidia, Denver, ARM performance is fastly becoming on par with their x86 brothern. Exciting times are upon us, unfortunately their isnt many desktop OS's that run off of ARM, with Linux and Windows 8 RT being the only real two, neither of which that has managed to grab any real attention. Though I like Windows 8 RT, I believe MS will discontinue it, they should have allowed the installation of third party desktop...
Those are single-core benchmarks, in multi-core the iPad faired much better do to their being an extra core, 3 in the A8x vs. only 2 found in the Nvidia. However without that extra core the A8x and Nvidia Denver would have had very similiar multi-core performance as shown when the Denver is pitted up against the iPhone 6. Nvidia isn't finished either as they will also release a quad core version of the Denver in Q1, 2015, the dual core variant was just the first of many...
I'll tell you in the morning, my iPad Air 2 arrived on Tuesday but I'm currently in the French part of Switzerland so my daughter had to re-ship to the hospital I am currently staying at, should get it the morning at which time I'll see if the speakers are as good as the HDX's. Tall order as I have yet to have heard anything better but the iPad does have two speakers this time around so we will see.Edit: I just watched a short film over at Gizmodo called Into Dusk, I...
It's so nice having an unlimited data plan, I really feel sorry for you Americans and your crappy data plans.