or Connect

Posts by Relic

I never been in a big fan of the Atom either, though I have to say the Windows 8 tablets run fairly well with them but their also using the quad-core variant. The worst tablet I ever used had an Atom CPU, the Samsung Tab 3 10.1, what a horrible piece of junk. After the system booted, there was only 340mb available for apps because TouchWiz is such bloated crap, Samsung should have been ashamed of themselves for this one. My brother inlaw bought one during an after...
I feel that way about most devices but I still manage to find a lot of uses for them, faults and all. I just own more than one, using their strengths to best of my ability. In a general consumer sense Apple has definitely won the tablet war and rightfully so, their interface is easy, fluid and decent apps to back the platform up. Coming from the direction of a programmer, tech enthusiast and hacker, iOS can be extremely infuriating at times do to Apple's totalitarianism....
It isn't all Google's fault, it's HTC's as well, thought I haven't seen any of problems that other customers are having with mine, i.e. the gap between the screen and body, bleeding around edges, there is defiantly a quality control issue that HTC needs to address. To many half assed models are getting through the line. I know what the problem is too, it's the way their assembled, some are being pressed to hard together causing the screen bleed and some not hard enough...
Like what was said above, Samsung has the facilities and manufacturing know how to produce these chips in volume and quality, I don't see a problem if both parties prosper from the deal.
I think once Apple's SOC goes to 16nm, clocked at 2Ghz or higher, 8GB of RAM, no one wil complain if say the MacBook Air starts using them. I would defiantly like to see it, but I have a real thing for ARM. Especially when it's a good chip and is paired with a low memory footprint OS, like Linux, HP just released a new ARM ChromeBook, 4GB RAM, 1080P display that I will defiantly be grabbing for Christmas, not to run Chrome OS as I already have another ChromeBook that runs...
Which model of BMW did you get? I sold my Alpina a while back in anticipation of the Tesla Model X that will hopefully be released in the first quarter of 2015, in the mean time I get to drive my 82' Porsche Targa again, which has been in my fathers car garage for the last 12 years, wasn't a very practical family car but nor did I want to get rid of it. My brother in law had it towed to a Porsche garage for an overhaul and detail in anticipation of me finally coming home....
Why the Acer and not say the Dell or the Asus 8" which both have a digitized pens, just asking.
The iPad is an awesome music creation platform, the amount of midi controllers and keyboards are just staggering.
To add to that I would like to see Miracast, your mention of using the iPad as a TV would benefit from this. Of course there are my usual requests, being able to run multiple apps in the background, multi-user support to split your work and home profiles, able to use a different browser, email client, etc. as your default instead of an Apple app and a built in file manager that can mount all of my cloud and network storge and than be able access these drives via every app...
Ugh, stop saying that I am down-playing the significance of the A8 processor because I'm not. Just because I'm defending other manufactures against your continues negativity for anything that isn't made by Apple, does not mean that I think any less of Apples achievements. As I actually use the things I defend and know what their capable of doing, I think I would have a unique perspective. You can spout all of the tech literature you would like but it still won't change the...