or Connect

Posts by Relic

A little exaggeration, your also talking about the first incarnation from HP, they fixed the tracked with G2, their now on G3. You guys use one device and assume the rest are garbage. My daughter has a G2 14 and it works very well, I'm personally getting the G3 14, with the Nvidia K1, 4GB and 1080p display.
You really do not know what your talking about and defiantly haven't used a ChromeBook. First, not all Chromebooks are junk, in fact it would be pretty hard press to actually find one that is. The HP 11's and 14's for example are absolute tanks and can easily withstand the abuse of any child, including liquid spills. Third party apps, what do you think the 1,000's of web apps are and Chrome OS is starting to integrate Android apps into the system, by mid 2015 almost the...
First, Google doesn't know who the users are, only the school that deploys them do. For instance my daughter logs into her Chromebook with a special email that looks like this, [student ID#]@[school suffix].org, it's not even a Google controlled account. Second, there are no ads displayed anywhere on a ChromeBook, even when the child surfs on public domains, adworks has been completely turned off. There is no tracking of individual data except for general information.
I feel a lot better but still have a long road ahead of me recovery wise. I'm going home in a week for Christmas, I've hired a nursing firm to look in on me during the day. I can't wait, I have a lot of catching up to do, specifically in my little studio. I have been collecting new gear in anticipation for the day I would return. My new desk was installed last week so I can't wait to see it in person, I had the middle section etched out so I could insert my Panasonic 20"...
Right, I mean without an iPhone it would seem kind of a meaningless gadget. I'm still not convinced that SmartWatches are they way of the future anyway. Personally I just couldn't wear something that millions of other people are as well, a watch to me is still jewellery and needs to be at least a little exclusive, even if it does have more functions than just telling time. Until such time that the SmartWatch is completely ambiguous, merged into a mechanical watch like a...
That has nothing to do with DRM, Apple took an opened standard, that really should have been able to play on other systems and made it exclusive to their own platform. They also closed off direct access to their devices file tree, making it very difficult to add media to them without using their software to do so. During the time this lawsuit was filed their devices also only supported those codecs that were used in their iTunes store. It's gotten much better now with the...
Personally I have never purchased a single song or video from iTunes. Since I use mulitiple OS's, if the media I'm using isn't supported across all of my platforms, I have no interest in owning it, especially if I'm forced to use a single piece of software to do so. The day that movies are no longer availabe on a physical medium I will choose a service that can play it's DRM crap from a web browser, until then, I'll rip my BluRays and upload them to my cloud storage to my...
The MiniDisc was a medium, completely different. You could also us Sony discs in any other MiniDisc player on the market.
Why do you own something that you hate so much? Also you should really install the MiUI ROM on your SG4, it will breath new life into you phone. I can almost guarantee that your going to like it, unless your just a grumpy person and hate things for the sake of hating.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2486041
Not sure why you would refer 16:9 as ungainly, you do realize that Apple's entire product base except for their tablets use 16:9 as their aspect ratio. Could you imagine using a 4:3 screen on an iMac or even the Mac Pro, yucky, the horror. On a tablet though 4:3 is nice for reading content though, than again I prefer using my Kindle HDX for such things and that has a 16:9 aspect ratio but I would prefer a 4:3 for such things. It really depends on what your priorities are,...