or Connect

Posts by Relic

Oh my gosh, this is such great news, I was starting to get worried that this conference wouldn’t announce anything worth while for me. I can’t wait to start writing programs for my Nvidia Jetson K1 development board and my Linux laptop using Swift. This is going to be fun, yyyaaayyy.
 Really, you've never used FlipBoard before, wow, because it's really good, like Pinterest, News 360 and Feedly, it's one of those apps you have got to have. I love reading magazines, though like NewsStand I will never use or even try this new app from Apple. Simply and the reason why I don't use most of Apples mobile apps is it's just not crossed platform. So I use Zinio, which is still the best magazine reader around and Issuu and if you guys haven't tried yet you...
That's a good point, without mobile companies subsidizing phones in the US, Apple nor Samsung would have the market share that they enjoy today. Most would opt for a phone under the 300 dollar mark which is almost entirely Android and a few Windows phones.
I just recently got my Nvidia Shield TV and I can't see needing anything else for a very long while. I installed my favorite web browser, something that is desperatly missing from the Apple TV, my favorite games, Doom 3, Portal, Modern Combat 3/4/5, Dead Space, Nova 3, GTA series, still waiting for Crysis 3 which should be this month, Kodi or XBMC, which is an absolute must have for any TV set-box that I buy, I mean I can watch TV from all over the world, including the US,...
With online stores like Amazon pretty much all of them, mobile providers though probably only carry about 5% of what's actually available out there. I personally haven't bought a phone on contract in over 5 years, it's a complete waste of money and I refuse to own a locked phone, especially one that contains bloatware that cannot be removed. If it wasn't for mobile providers subsidizing their phones though, companies like Apple and Samsung wouldn't be selling nearly that...
It's actually kind of depressing, I have nothing against the iPhone but I wish for another worthy competitor to enter into the market. Like with U.S. only having a two party government system, having just two mobile OS's is just, well, sad. I'm happy that my BlackBerry Passport is such a great phone for me and their upcoming slider will be the perfect replacement but if they disappear and stop making phones I'm honestly not going to go back to an Android phone or switch to...
No one is dinging Apple, this seems to be a real problem here, what can't people just except that some might actually prefer using another platform. No, it's not because their easily satisfied, don't know what their using or just idiots like some here would like you to believe, just because the phone they chose wasn't an iPhone. The truth is the iPhone is missing a lot of features that others might need or just plainly want. I don't use an iPhone because I can't run...
Every company, including Apple uses the data they accumulate from their users for their own personal gain. There isn't a single one that does it out of the goodness of their heart, it's all about making money. That being said, as long as they don't share my personal data with any public sources I honestly don't care what they do with it. I don't ever post anything to the web that isn't already easily obtainable. All of my private data is still stored using encrypted local...
 I have a Mac Pro, in which I personally replaced the CPU inside for a Xeon 14 core version , the new MacBook 12" and 3 iPads. I just have a problem with iOS. I love and use OSX daily, not only on my Mac's but my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12.5" (this is the business model not the consumer version) as well. So I enjoy Apple computers very much just not so much their mobile line because of iOS. I tolerate the iPad because of the fantastic music creation apps available for it but...
Say what you will but I still like those things to much to just let it go because some company says so. When the new Ubuntu Touch comes out that will activate the desktop UI when a keyboard and mouse connected I'll be all over that as well. I've wanted this festure for the longest time in a phone and now that phones have become powerful enough to do so comfortably, there is no reason for me to deny myself that simple pleasure because you say it's old and icky. I mean if it...