or Connect

Posts by Relic

Actually my whole point in the beginning was that Apple didn't use 2GB because of costs, no, I'm fighting the whole idea that 2GB draws too much power, maybe once you start getting above 4GB but not 2GB. I haven't seen any literature or articles to suggest that it does, it would be a major design flaw if it was true as it would mean we would never see more than 1GB or face a thicker iPhone because the battery would have to be larger. I have read pretty much everything I...
I know how DRAM works, I just don't by that 1GB more would have put such a large dent in battery life that Apple had no choice but to omit it. Memory is not one of the major battery draining components in a smart phone, regardless if it is always drawing power.The articles pertaining to what the major factors are to power consumption in a smart phone, like every other I have read doesn't discuss memory because of how little impact it actually has on the overall power scheme.
Oh I know, I use the very one you posted above. However an app like ES File Explorer for Android not only offers a lot more features, like more cloud storage support and search options, but mounts everything to the local filesystem so that any app can access the files directly simply by clicking open/save, without having to first download the file and then open it up with the app that will be used to manipulate the data. I also prefer having my files stored under a single...
The memory used in the iphone 5s and 6 is 1GB LPDDR3 RAM, there is absolutely nothing special about it. What is special is that the A8 can address that memory using a 64-bit wide memory interface, however I still don't believe 2GB would have taxed the battery with any substantial differences, maybe if 4 to 8GB was used. At least not until I see some more data come out on the A8 itself, specifically on power consumption. If the extra 1GB was admitted because of power issues...
  Hey Phil, sorry for the delayed response. Android doesn't require a PC for anything other then if you want to transfer files to your tablet using a USB cable. Updates come over the air just like in iOS. Two things that Android does a lot better the iOS is communication between apps and file handling. Since Android has a built in file manager and supports over a 100 different third party versions, you can do things like mount every single NAS, FTP cloud storage service...
That of course is your prerogative, but I just can't believe that Apple's engineers were unable to come up with an elegant solution to accommodate 2GB of memory because of power drain. That would suggest bad design, inadequate battery size, heck even a lack of knowledge on the matter and there is no way Apple is incompetent, what, that's really what you're suggesting here. Antagonist,  "Oh man, not again, Apple couldn't figure out how to install 2GB of memory in their new...
I think it's kind of sold as a hybrid, even the slogan suggests that; Surface Pro 3Das Tablet, das Ihren Laptop ersetzen kann.
Wait, I'm talking about the Macbook.
 The MacBook Air 11" weighs in at 2.38 lbs and the Surface 3 is 1.75 lbs, when the keyboard is connected then yes, it's heavier as it then weighs 2.4 lbs, but in a sense the slogan could work. 
What ever the reason for not increasing the memory size it defiantly has nothing to do with battery life either, which was really my point. I own and use three different mobile phones all running separate mobile OS's and all three have 2GB of memory, their battery times are more then adequate. All this talk about memory sucking battery life I decided to test them yesterday and today, what else am I going to do, I'm just lying here. Anyway, my BlackBerry Porsche has a 1800...