or Connect

Posts by Relic

Cool, I never used a Sony PS3 but that's pretty neat. I wasn't trying to say the Passport was first or anything, people here are to hung up on that. No, I was simply saying that I'm using this kind of technology now and love it.
That was just the first iteration of the keyboards ability's, the newest update introduced a bunch of new features like being able to zoom in and out of picture or a website and has greatly improved the cursor movemenmt when editing a documemt, since it's just software the possibilities are endless. The hardware part was done right the first time, touch enabled which means you no longer have to use the touchscreen to select things or move the cursor around, fantastic....
So basically it's the keyboard from the Blackberry Passport, cool, I'm in. https://youtu.be/Iasa3wNVsu0
Like any cloud storage service, you can select which folders you want synced. I have a local folder simply called Gdrive with subdirectory called upload, I than grab the contents from upload once everything has been synced, using the web client and stick the files into their proper places, documents, photos, etc. Its the only folder that is synchronized, the folder also resides on a 128GB SD Card along with my other cloud storage folders so it never touches my internal...
At home as well, as I'm sure most children have internet in their houses. An iPad wouldn't be much of a improvement when it comes to offline, most apps require an internet connection as well, including the educational apps. Most schools don't even allow the students to take these devices home, iPad, ChromeBooks or otherwise so this is all just a mute point anyway.
I would just create a small script that looks in the directory, if file(s) are larger than x, than delete. You can do this in the command line with just two commamds, "ls -ltr" and "rm -rf".
Oh give me a break, I said I'm rarely offline but when I am there are plenty of apps that work offline and you can also install Android apps like MS Office. I also know about offline capabilities because I actually own one and am a uber geek who plays with her toys. I don't understand your question about kids, my children both have unlimited LTE, costs about 40 per child, maybe less I need to check
So the iPad would be better than. Believe it or not web apps will replace traditional installed desktop apps. Web apps have become very powerful and useful in the last two years and their isn't much you can't do online. Development, no problem, head over to Codenvy and see for yourself how powerful their cloud IDE is, music creation, try AudioTool and than try and tell me that's its not the coolest thing you've seen in a while, Office, MS Office is online and it's...
Why don't you just use Adobe Reader for PDF's, eBook reader, try Calibre. I don't think they will fail, in fact I think their getting a lot better. I absolutely adore their Office online apps, free to. OneDrive is still the best cloud storage service that I've used to date. The Surface is also a good product, I'm actually hooked on them and can't wait for the Surface Pro 4. In fact I would much rather have a Surface Pro than a MacBook Air.
It's only free for those who have Windows 8.1. I like the direction MS is heading with Windows 10 and I truly believe it to be the best version so far but if they do go forward with a subscription service I won't be purchasing a plan. If it comes with a laptop that I'll just use it until the plan runs out.