or Connect

Posts by Relic

I went crazy today, I was just so excited about being home that I wanted everyone to have a special treat. Kids are on the coach arguing what is the better Angry Birds version, husband is snoozing pretending to read, the doggy is watching the kids and I'm unboxing my Helix 2 and Huawei Mate 7 (I don't know, I just wanted it), I'm home Benji, I'm home, oh God thank you, thank you, thank you.
I know, so cool, I bought the base version except for the D500 upgrade which I just changed, I got to thinking which is never a good idea as it always costs me more, anyway I than went on Amazon and bought the Xeon E5-2697 14 Core and 64Gb of ECC RAM. It will be the fastest computer I have ever owned, not to mention the fastest Mac Pro in the world. The kicker, it cost less than if I bought the 12 Core and 64 GB from Apple. So much so that it paid for half of the K20...
Why is what he said bad, why did you feel it necessary to belittle him. He probably read this somewhere and decided to share it. You could have politely replied to him. You strike me as a person who just reads and reads every bit of tech highlights they can get their hands on without actually getting their hands dirty, talking instead of doing. Java is one of the most used in house programming languages for businesses there is. Entire infrastructures are built upon it, a...
I like OneDive, personally I think its the best solution out there but I'm starting to use iCloud more now that Apple finially sped up their service here in Switzerland. Never used Barracuda, can you stream your media directly from a website?
I really like Yosemite, it's very attractive and quick but I'm beginning to really dislike the resolution of my MacBook Air though. OSX looks absolutely incredible on my Surface Pro, amazingly good. So much so it actually bothers me to look at a my Air. I want a Retina version now, not later, I'm really starting to consider other machines as my dedicated OSX laptop for the first time. I want an Air but I think I'm just goining to get a Lenovo X1, Helix 2 or X240, install...
I keep writing over and over because you keep saying that every chip out there is garbage, over and over. It's simply not true, you've lost your awe, your bewilderness, if such a term existed, this technology is wondrous, regardless of who is faster. You look at the A8 and deemed it king of all kings. That's great and all but that chip is only available in one product. Do you expect others just to give up, it's hopeless Apple will always be better than us, might as well...
That's nice, thanks.
See I honestly don't care, I look at the end results, is the power there, is the battery life there, how they do it is of little concern to me. The K1 is the fastest ARM chip that I have ever used for my development projects, period, absolutely leaves everything else in it's dust and I have had many. I can't compare the A8x because it's stuck in an iPad, that's fine but you saying that the chip is crap just isn't correct. Show me something faster that I can use and I will...
Regardless, it's still faster, I'm getting 7.5 to 8 hours of battery with my Nexus 8 so it's a mute point. It's not the 8.5 to 9 that I'm getting with my iPad Air 2 but it isn't bad either.
I would love that to but I highly doubt we'll see anything like that for a while. Thankfully they're are some really nice convertibles out there to fill that need.