or Connect

Posts by Relic

Based on what, every Nokia product I have owned lasted for years. My Nokia 2520 is still one of the best tablets that I own, the dispay is fantastic. This tablet only costs 250 so it won't contain the best of the best but fall apart after 6 months it won't. Edit: After more research this actually looks like a pretty good tablet for the price, hopefully it will come to Swizerland. www.anandtech.com/show/8733/nokia-announces-n1-tablet-79-powered-by-android
I can get behind that, would love to see a MacBook Air 11" as their first machine for OSX ARM. Though it won't be as fast as the current line, the benefits in battery life will more than make it up. I'm looking for at least a good 14 hours of use, right now I get about 7 with my current MacBook Air, pretty decent but a far cry from the 16 I get when using my Nokia 2520, granted that's utilizing the keyboards built in battery in conjunction with the built in battery of the...
"The advantage of decoding and storing the most optimized execution method is that the chip doesn't have to decode the data a second time once needed -- it can simply grab that information from memory. Furthermore, this kind of approach may pay dividends on tablets, where users tend to use a small subset of applications. Once Denver sees you run Facebook or Candy Crush a few times, it's got the code optimized and waiting -- there's no need to keep decoding it for execution...
 You can emulate x86 on the chip itself, Transmeta did it with their RISC processor and Nvidias new K1 uses similiar technology, binary translation (dynamic recompilation) where it's binary translation layer runs in software, at a lower level than the operating system. In fact the K1 Denver was originally intended to support both ARM and x86 code morphing technology from Transmeta, but was changed to the ARMv8-A 64-bit instruction set because Nvidia could not obtain a...
 I never been in a big fan of the Atom either, though I have to say the Windows 8 tablets run fairly well with them but their also using the quad-core variant. The worst tablet I ever used had an Atom CPU, the Samsung Tab 3 10.1, what a horrible piece of junk. After the system booted, there was only 340mb available for apps because TouchWiz is such bloated crap, Samsung should have been ashamed of themselves for this one. My brother inlaw bought one during an after...
I feel that way about most devices but I still manage to find a lot of uses for them, faults and all. I just own more than one, using their strengths to best of my ability. In a general consumer sense Apple has definitely won the tablet war and rightfully so, their interface is easy, fluid and decent apps to back the platform up. Coming from the direction of a programmer, tech enthusiast and hacker, iOS can be extremely infuriating at times do to Apple's totalitarianism....
It isn't all Google's fault, it's HTC's as well, thought I haven't seen any of problems that other customers are having with mine, i.e. the gap between the screen and body, bleeding around edges, there is defiantly a quality control issue that HTC needs to address. To many half assed models are getting through the line. I know what the problem is too, it's the way their assembled, some are being pressed to hard together causing the screen bleed and some not hard enough...
Like what was said above, Samsung has the facilities and manufacturing know how to produce these chips in volume and quality, I don't see a problem if both parties prosper from the deal.
I think once Apple's SOC goes to 16nm, clocked at 2Ghz or higher, 8GB of RAM, no one wil complain if say the MacBook Air starts using them. I would defiantly like to see it, but I have a real thing for ARM. Especially when it's a good chip and is paired with a low memory footprint OS, like Linux, HP just released a new ARM ChromeBook, 4GB RAM, 1080P display that I will defiantly be grabbing for Christmas, not to run Chrome OS as I already have another ChromeBook that runs...
Which model of BMW did you get? I sold my Alpina a while back in anticipation of the Tesla Model X that will hopefully be released in the first quarter of 2015, in the mean time I get to drive my 82' Porsche Targa again, which has been in my fathers car garage for the last 12 years, wasn't a very practical family car but nor did I want to get rid of it. My brother in law had it towed to a Porsche garage for an overhaul and detail in anticipation of me finally coming home....