or Connect

Posts by Relic

Excuse me, you need to read my posts, I created a virus on my Mac PowerPC 6100 with a 486 card that used a W95 for W95. I know the difference, please don't post before you have all of the facts straight.
Geesh, no wonder why you hate Android phones, that is one gigantic piece of crap pre-paid phone. There is a Android 4.1 ROM floating out there for it, How To -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGpeRnPnuG8, ROM -> http://www.4shared.com/file/xnZKdIFj/GASMOD.html , ODIN -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347899 hey it's better then nothing. I can compile a Jelly Bean version for you but it will take a couple of days, taking the kids to Disney Land Paris...
So then just stick with Apple, why are you complaining about something you don't use. Your just going on and on about it, don't worry your pretty little head it's not your problem. You will never convince me and I nor you, I know the advantages and disadvantages of this platform inside and out but I still choose to use it, why, because the pros must out way the cons. I make this platform sit up, play dead and jump threw a hoop. It's the same reason why people mess about...
XDA is the best depository for ROMS, a Samsung phone for instance needs a program called Odin, also found on XDA or directly from Samsung. Simply find the ROM your looking for in the Forum, download it, open Odin, select the ROM under the button called PDA, then click Start, wait, the phone will reboot and your done. Takes about 4 minutes. Believe me if Apple provided a flashing tool I would be one of the first people to start doing it. I actually compile my own ROM from...
The Nvidia 8800 GT was a very glitchy card, if your having problems there isn't much you can do. I would just try to sell it as was suggested by the others. I find the Quadro 4000 to be the best video card option for the Mac Pros. You can grab one off of eBay for about 400.
If you look at that how to avoid, the number one is; 1. Disable allowing apps from unknown sources.   A lot of these problems can be avoided if people would not install third party apps from those cracked app sites. That's not going to happen though so it's their own damn fault. Again, I personally have never had a Malware or a Virus on any of my devices, it's easy to accomplish.
If you read the WHOLE post I said people use OSX and Linux so they won't infect their own systems, in this case I used Mac OS 9.1 and a 486 card with W95 as the target machine, since they both used the same storage it was an ideal platform for such things. The virus was a project for a class I was taking at the university, you know computer science. My mentality is opened minded where as you seem to be a very closed minded individual, your way, everything else is crap.
  It's defiantly going to be interesting, I mean look at the Mac Mini, Intel NUC or even the ChromeBox, their cute, tiny and very powerful. I can't wait till I have a machine with quad core i7 power and looks like this;   Even now though the specs aren't bad;   Dual core ARM Cortex-A9Quad Core ARM Mali-400MP Graphics Processing Unit2GB DRAM 64GB memory local storage Ubuntu 13.04 or any Linux distro with ARM support
  I was so close to having a Cray X-MP, the bank I work for bought one back in the mid 80's, when it went offline they stored it in the basement with the rest of the relics where it sat for 18 years. The IT manager said I could have it if I could get it out of there. The problem was it was so huge and weighed a ton, at the time I lived in a small apartment. Reluctantly I passed and it was finally scrapped . Now that I have a house I kick myself for not renting out a...