or Connect

Posts by Bloodshotrollin'red

No, not for not producing a turntable, but for not allowing greater choice of download bit rates, increasingly poor quality, cheap sound/audio solutions and junking the only iPod that had decent storage space at a reasonable price. And for lying about the reason they're pulling iPod Classic. Respect for your customers is a virtue. I do not "illegally" acquire encoded copies of master tapes as I pay his company on a per recording basis (seems some people on AI like to...
I use a number of sources. My preferred is analogue (Pink Triangle Anniversary turntable with Technics u205 cartridge). I also have access to master tapes courtesy of a friend in the record business which I borrow (if 2nd Gen master) or he encodes from (if master). I'm not sure Pono is available yet, but I will see what it has to offer. Limitations: Certainly, one has to make compromises if the technology is limiting. In the case of iTunes, however, this is not the case....
He was referring to the fact Apple does not support large iTunes libraries. His library exceeds the permissible number of tracks iTunes Match will tolerate. People really into music are given short shrift by Apple.
Oh, and despite having over 150,000 tracks myself, not a one was purchased on iTunes. They have all come from CD's and LP's every one of which I purchased and ripped/encoded. I'd hazard a guess you'd regard them as stolen because I haven't paid Apple a penny for a single data-reduced audio file in my iTunes libraries.
You can add libel to your deluge of posts. Have you nothing better to do?
With so many idiots now ear-tuned to data reduction (thanks to Apple iTunes store and general availability of on-line music) consumers have now got so used to mediocre sound reproduction it matters little to the vast majority that there no longer exists an iPod capable of AIFF/Lossless playback.So, what's to stop Apple using SSD's with larger capacity? They wouldn't need to re-engineer the Classic, just replace the HDD with an 1.8" "ZIF" SSD of 256GB. As I did with my...
With so many idiots now ear-tuned to data reduction (thanks to Apple iTunes store and general availability of on-line music) consumers have now got so used to mediocre sound reproduction it matters little to the vast majority that there no longer exists an iPod capable of AIFF/Lossless playback. So, what's to stop Apple using SSD's with larger capacity? They wouldn't need to re-engineer the Classic, just replace the HDD with an 1.8" "ZIF" SSD of 256GB. As I did with my...
Cmd-F for me. Spotlight is worse than useless for searching on the Mac.
I got tired waiting for the Mini refresh. Boy, am I glad I did. Bought one of the 2012 models couple of months ago to record and serve up TV, music, video, etc., to the household. I required more RAM and a bigger HDD (installed a Fusion for speed). If I'd waited for this 2014 model I'd be stumped. It's a rip-off and, once again, Apple Board members and shareholders (except me and hopefully others) can scoff at people who love their integration but groan at the cynical...
Wasn't it the law that put itself above the law?