or Connect

Posts by Bloodshotrollin'red

Really, cheer up. Written by me it would do. "Just One More Thing" "Barred from the MS Hospital by Bill Gates' wife, we did have the option of iAndroid but Steve didn't like options…So, out of respect for his dogma..." …Schiller slides a gleaming black box from his shirt pocket… "we've called it iCadaver…(GASP)…Using all we have learned about miniaturisation we've managed to fit Steve into a tapered 0.5"x2" box…Awesome…"
Even more reason for Steve to have dragged Valve onto the stage during the Back to Mac press call and announce a financial/marketing partnership…that would have caused some ripples. OpenGL is (now) better and no time is better than now to really press that home. Even if it means financial incentives (which is what MS do because they know money talks). Apple have an appalling track record with their developers. This, too, must change.That's like saying Stalin and Churchill...
It's called choice. Apple is on the Blu-ray Board, FFS!
I've never been convinced by Blu-ray on home PC's. The HDTV standard isn't…and now there's bloody nonsense 3D to contend with! TV's come in all resolutions. I think dedicated Blu-ray players, coupled with 720 streaming, is the way ahead (for the foreseeable future). People gladly accept MP3 and AAC for audio, and, though part of a whole, human ears are less easily deceived than eyes. I've watched HD and conventional versions of the same film and HD made not the slightest...
Valve is a start. Good as some of them are, it is still only bringing ages old games to the Mac. I have no idea what sort of weight they can apply to developers to look seriously at OS X so long as Jobs has his ambivalent attitude toward gaming. Apparently iToy gaming took Apple by surprise. But anyone who follows gaming knows how big a driving force it is in consumer consciousness. I've known 100's and 100's of people who would have preferred a Mac over a PC if Apple had...
Apple were to blame 100% for that disastrous acquisition. Their lack of support for gaming has always been lamentable. Game Sprockets being the last faltering gesture toward game development on the Mac. Apple blew it completely with OS X and Jobs was behind that management decision. Even today there is no commitment to the latest GPU technology/drivers or a concerted financial incentive to entice game developers to use OpenGL instead of MS DirectX which would make...
Who was it said the best OS/Platform for Java would be OS X?
All our Razer Pro mice have gone to pieces since 10.6.4. One; faulty mouse, six; faulty drivers. No driver updates from Razer, so maybe they're witting on a fix from Apple.
Send 'em dahn...
Why did the heat-haze suddenly vanish? Completely threw me.