or Connect

Posts by physguy

Not sure what one has to do with the other. I would be almost certain (never certain until tested) that the current iWeb will still run on Lion, just would be able to buy it going forward. Of course it hasn't been update for something like 2 years in any case.
You do realize that Apple execs are usually VERY reserved with the media regarding the sales and marketing of Apple's products. This is actually very significant news when Apple takes the wraps off internal sales optimism to allow it to get to the media. Please note I am NOT referring to Apple's boundless enthusiasm about the quality and impact of their products but the sales of same. Overtly is a GREAT word. Good to see real vocabulary being used.
Almost certainly NOT a customer hardware configuration. The cost of added a configuration management for, say, 15,000 units plus replacements would more than overwhelm and marginal cost savings is parts. These units cost Apple ~ $325 ea. Even assuming your $100 ea which I think would be low, at $225 ea savings that's only $3.4 million savings world-wide. Would not begin to cover the cost of managing a supply chain change to implement the major changes your talking about.
It is also possible Apple has licensed this for the own in-App purchase like iTune and App Store (TM) but not for developers use. We'll have to wait as see the paperwork.
2015?
Hard to see it as available on March 11 if you can't order it until March 11 - which is what the apple store now says???
Do you two even bother to read before commenting? I was referencing the scientific literature ( unless you concede that the IPCC report is not scientific), nothing else. My conclusion is entirely reached on my own based only on the information in that report - not Fox, not NYT both of which I consume. Or any other 'site'. I like original material. Same with the emails. Did you READ them? They are available and you don't have to depend on any filter to interpret them....
I didn't say there were only two sides - apparently you did. I didn't refer to Soros - you did - why? If you want 'articles of faith' then we could start with climate change - a wonderful example of bias directed research and conclusions. I would suggest, if you have any technical ability, to go to the final IPCC-2007 report and look at the section which concludes that there will be a 1.6C temp increase (number may be wrong due to memory). I believe it was section 4...
You do realize that everything you just said mirrors very well the other way??
Have to agree. This seals my purchase when iPad 2 is released (2 of them for the household)