or Connect

Posts by MarquisMark

Yahoo doesn't even do their own search results anymore... powered by Bing since 2009. So, really the only search results in town are Google and Bing. Not much of a choice, the new evil empire or the old evil empire.   Apple doesn't need to build their own search engine per se, just aggregate results from others like DuckDuckGo does and present them in a Apple frontend. It would definitely be a good addition to the growing "cloud" services stable. Plus, backend search...
This was a bad idea from the beginning. Whether it was a deal with Apple, Microsoft, or Google, it was bound to have major issues. As was already said, the tech/environment just isn't there yet. In addition, in a district that has been struggling with major budget cuts in the past few years, it seems irresponsible for them to commit to just a huge and expensive project in an emerging, untested field. Too lazy to check, but I don't recall hearing anything about a small...
When I look at that PC shipment graph, I think "hmm... traditional PC shipments are pretty much the same as 5 years ago." That's shipments, not PCs in use, which means new and replacement PCs bought*. Looking at the graph also makes me think, "hmm...a brand new market emerged when the iPad was released (greenish shaded areas)". Now, tablets and smartphones probably stole potential growth from the PC sales, it doesn't look to me that it actually reduced PC sales. Now,...
You know, my first reaction was "damn, Apple still needs more experience with Internet services", but then I think about it and I'm not sure if I've heard of problems this frequent with iTMS or the App store. I can't imagine it's much different than iCloud in terms of infrastructure. Wonder if there are different teams/divisions.
Damn, is Cirrus Logic still around? I thought they died when Nvidia and ATI started making combined 2D/3D cards. Ahhh.... those were the days. IRQs and jumpers and video accelerator cards. You kids don't know how easy you have it now a days. Now get off my lawn!
one thing no one is mentioning: you can still get the old $30/mo prepaid plans. unlimited text and data (5gb @ 4G) +100 min... or 1500 min/text + 30mb data. That's way cheaper than any grandfathered iPhone plan. If you're not a power user, then these plans are perfect. And about the question of taxes and fees, I'm on a $30 tmo prepaid plan and it is exact $30 every month. fees and tax already included (I assume).
When ever you have 2 products with enough popularity, there will always be some percentage of fanbois. It's always been like that. Nintendo vs. Sega. Benz vs. BMW. Geno's vs. Pat's (for you cheese steak fans). The internet has just made this nuts more vocal and fanatical.Haha... crackberry users...
Hmm... Marketing guy saying his product is better than the competitor, using some facts and some exaggeration. Slow news day, eh?
Who said anything about monitoring every second? It's as simple as setting a password on purchases and not giving it to your kid. Doesn't even take any technical savvy, just common sense. Same principal as don't give your ATM card and pin to your teenager. There's no way a bank is going to give money back to bonehead parents that do that. Why should Apple treat them any different.And for your information, I have kids and little cousins and nieces and nephews. I have first...
not that i'm defending the Surface Pro but changing the headline to... "Microsoft sells out of Surface Pro, just like the Xbox did in 2001" totally changes the perspective. Just saying.