or Connect

Posts by MarquisMark

Of course Apple is considering it. They'd be foolish not to. But that doesn't mean it'll definitely happen. And guaranteed it won't be for at least 6-10 years. ARM just can't compete on performance with x86 (yet). And they surely wouldn't be hasty about the transition. The switch from PPC to x86 was pretty tough, switching to ARM is sort of going back (i.e. RISC to CISC to RISC). Every single piece of software would need to be rewritten, and if the developer is...
Totally impractical, but doable. They'd have full QA control of the whole process start to finish. Also, definitely would cut down on all these leaks we've been seeing lately.Does Apple actually manufacture anything themselves? Not trying to troll, I know that's pretty much the industry standard... just wondering.I would gladly pay an extra 10% if their stuff said "Designed and Manufactured in California" on the back. Hell, they could even eat that 10% and still be the...
I jailbreak my iPad for precisely 2 things:The 5-line keyboard http://www.ipadforums.net/attachments/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/10748d1330978571-5-row-keyboard-ipad-image-1933232229.jpgAnd Activator http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/activator-1-5-8-cydia-tweak/The other little things I can get are neat but I wouldn't miss them.Not all jailbreakers are pirates and hackers.PS: Quasar is an awesome looking app but not worth $10 to me so I can't vouch for it.
You do realize that China still has that "1 child per family" law, right?
Labor is where China shines. This is just the truth of it. But manufacturing can and must be done domestically. The Prez said as much. So, those A5 chips made in Texas = good... but TSMC is in Taiwan. That's not so good. The solution? Apple builds their own foundries in Cupertino ( or anywhere else in the US.) Win/Win for all.l
I don't care what platform you're on, whether it be Android or IOS, Windows or OSX. Don't open strange emails, and don't run/install random programs. Some OSes may be more secure than others, but there's not such thing as 100% secure. Stay vigilant and you'll be better off.This message brought to you by your friendly, neighborhood IT guy... and the letter M. ...Off-topic...Not arguing your points about YouTube, but the above statement I don't agree with. The average person...
I tried to use it for a couple weeks at work (I'm in IT so it's my job to test these things out.) Not 100% of the time, just too much stuff to reinstall to get me fully up and running. But I'd say maybe 30% of my day was on Win8.If you stick to the handful of bulitin Metro native apps, it's OK. I can see Metro working on a touch screen but on a laptop, it doesn't make much sense to me. The problem is Metro apps are all full screen so multitasking is a pain. Then you get to...
Ballmer is a joke as a CEO. MS has been declining steadily since Bill Gates left. While no Jobs, Gates knew what he was doing and did it well. In an unscrupulous way, perhaps, but it was successful.Apple may be king in consumer electronics, but MS is still the top dog in IT. Enterprises are still running Windows workstations, servers, and applications. They work well, but really only because they are the defacto standard. If Apple can make a good push in that sector, we...
Apple made a tough choice for a tough situation. Whatever they did, they probably would have gotten flack for from someone. It's done. We have iOS Maps now. No point in pulling these developers out of the woodwork to whine about something we all know. Maps wasn't ready, so what. Apple has never left anything hanging for long, so it'll be better eventually. So let's give it a rest. These articles are literally flamebait, stirring up controversy just for the sake of it.
Yes, that half a second of taking your eyes off the screen isn't going to kill you. But, there's a certain ease of use to tactile buttons. You may not know where all the buttons are on the remote, but the most used ones always have a distinct feel (e.g. Ch Up, Ch Down, Volume, Cross-pad for scrolling in guides). And once you become accustom to your own remote, you don't even need to look to hit these common buttons. Just like the Home button, or the volume rocker on your...