or Connect

Posts by MarquisMark

Yes, that half a second of taking your eyes off the screen isn't going to kill you. But, there's a certain ease of use to tactile buttons. You may not know where all the buttons are on the remote, but the most used ones always have a distinct feel (e.g. Ch Up, Ch Down, Volume, Cross-pad for scrolling in guides). And once you become accustom to your own remote, you don't even need to look to hit these common buttons. Just like the Home button, or the volume rocker on your...
I wasn't saying anything so obtuse. Just saying that if they didn't have to litigate (both defensively and offensively), all that effort and money could be used more productively (i.e. R&D). If innovative companies could focus on innovating instead of worrying about suing/being sued, isn't that a good thing? I don't have a solution... I just don't know if there is a way to truly reform patent law because there's always going to be a few bad seeds gaming the system. And...
And that is what is wrong with the patent world we live in. I know they're doing what is necessary to protect themselves but that is what makes it sad. i don't have a solution, just thinking that all that money could be so much more productive elsewhere.
Which makes it even more worth it to Foxconn management to squeeze as much productivity out of their workers without increasing costs. This has nothing to do with Apple's QC or ethics. It all about the outsourced lowest bidder trying to maximize their profits. I wouldn't be surprised if everything the workers are saying is true. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the media was sensationalizing the whole situation.
RIP Steve. I may not agree with all your actions, no one can deny your accomplishments. One thing that bothers me is that everyone focuses on the iPod and iPhone as his greatest legacy, but they only are from a superficial level. His true legacy is in kicking the doors down in the music industry AND wireless carrier industry. It was a sorry state of affairs with music before iTunes and that was all Jobs and his clout and tenacity. (often overlooked fact: it was his clout...
I'm confused. Hasn't it been pretty well known that Apple was working on their own Maps app for a while. There was that report a year or so ago about Apple collecting traffic data or something (can't remember exactly). How could Google be surprised by this month's IOS announcement? And I know it was mostly rumors talking about new Maps, but if we assume Google's Maps on IOS is so profitable for Google, you'd think that any hint of a loss would spur them to have a backup...
That's the problem with these huge conglomerate companies. They often compete with other companies in one sector while partnering with the same companies in other sectors.And it also makes it hard to hate them when one division does bad things, when the other divisions have no fault. My Samsung refrigerator is the best & they make quality memory and SoCs, doesn't mean I care for their mobile division's policies. I play my PS3 often, but everything else Sony does is...
I hope they fixed that pesky "storing passwords in nearly plain text" problem that was discovered recently in their software. http://www.informationweek.com/security/vulnerabilities/laptop-fingerprint-readers-vulnerable-to/240006528
That part is curious. Presumably the 3rd gen iPad is hardware capable, and I can't imagine there is a lot of software difference between the iPad's camera app and the iPhone's. The only thing I can think of is that they didn't have enough time to test it on the iPad, and that it'll come in 6.1 or so when they're sure it works perfectly. That's probably what happened with Siri for iPad.
That makes me wonder. What's worse: Apple fanbois vs Fandroids or Nintendo fanbois vs Playstation vs Xbox? They're all fanatical and irrational, but I feel the gamer fanbois are more irrational and hostile.Note: fanboi != loyal fan